Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Q10

Remove Games App

I downloaded a few games on my Q10 and every time I open one it then opens the pre-installed 'Games App' which wants to connect to BBM.  I don't want to broadcast everytime I open a game and I don't want to have the 'Games App' open everytime I play a game. 

Is there anyway to remove the Games App or at least stop it from openning every time I open a game?

Developer
My Device: Z10

Re: Remove Games App

I think you can change the permissions, I don't have a game to test to tell you if it affects the game running though.

I had thought the games application was going away, or at least it is changing. I was told it is through "scoreloop" and they sent a notice: http://resources.scoreloop.com/letter/index2.html

Of course, I might have no idea what I'm talking about.

My Device: Q10

Re: Remove Games App

Thanks for the response.  I tried changing the permissions but that did not work.

According to that article scoreloop will cease to be available for blackberry in December 2014.  I guess that means there may be an update around that time that will remove the app...?

I've found several discussions where people are having similar issues, but I have yet to see a solution as to how to remove the app.