Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

Restore Backup of Torch 9800 to Z10

Hello

Is it possible to restore the data from your backup of your 9800 to the new z10? I appreciate there may be some slight compatability issues but in general, contacts, SMS/MMS/emails etc, will those restore to the Z10 or not???

Bit confused as heard the Z10 is not compatible with the blackberry software you get on the CD to put on your PC...Do I need to go old skool and write all my contacts down in a paper phone book (please no lol) ....

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Restore Backup of Torch 9800 to Z10

The new z10 uses a new program called BB link, You download it from the Blackberry site and install it on your PC. Its the replacement of Desktop Manger. To answer your question, you can't restore your data from a backup file with BB Link to your new Z10. But you can transfer a device to the z10(Contacts, calender, BBM contacts etc).

Blackberry will be updating the BB link software to allow you to sync with our contacts with Outlook via USB. A lot of people are syncronizing with outlook.com and other cloud services.

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: M1

Hi. I am planning to upgrade from the 9800 to the Z10. How do you transfer a device to the Z10?
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

:Clap: This is fantabulous news! My media is stored on my SD card so no worries with that just pop it in and go lol but the fact I dont have to scribble my contacts down is a much appreciated relief! LOL! So basically, you connect your old device, transfer your contacts, calendar and what not, connect your Z10, transfer the device contents and away ya go! More genius from RIM ;-) Would never have an Iphone, just, no.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

The BB Link has an option for device switch.. similar to BB desktop manager.

eddie2558 wrote:
Hi. I am planning to upgrade from the 9800 to the Z10. How do you transfer a device to the Z10?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Greeting fellow bbmembers

Has the LINK software been updated to allow to multi-device backup/restore?

It is quite troublesome to not have this as there are many users in my organization ready for device upgrades. 

Having a BB backed up and restored WAS A BREEZE before the Z10. 

Please can you update me regarding this. And yes, we have worked around it but we should be working on it, like we did for the older more RELIABLE BB Desktop Manager.

Thanks

M

PS> I still love my Z10! 

Kind Regards
Mayson Arnagiri
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Telus

I unfortunately walked into a river on the weekend with my Torch 9800 in my pocket.  I have my data backed up on my computer, so I purchased a new Z10 yesterday.  My Torch will no longer turn on due to the water damage.  Any other way to transfer my backed up data to my Z10?