Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

keenwerkz
My Device: z10 and q10

SMS and Contacts Issue

I've got both z10 and q10 in the house and here's the issue.

If I send an SMS to my sister her number is +6391*3****** it sends out all ok. When I send an SMS to my phone +6391*7****** it will send to my sisters number. (Our numbers are only separated by 7 and 5, the rest are the same). I thought it only happened to the Q10 that my wife was using, when I tried it on the z10 same thing happened. 

1) I dont think its a sim fault. why? i tried it with 3 different sims. sending on those numbers. same issue. My 2 sims and my wife's sim (she's using the q10 btw). I am not sure though if it is a network error since the 3 sims are from the same network (Globe Telecom - Philippines), 2 are LTE Sims and another one a non-LTE sim. 

2) I deleted the whole SMS history of my sister, sent a new one to her and it sends well. I send to my number it gets sent to her. If I delete the history again and send first to my number, it sends out ok and when I send to my sister it now goes to my number. 

3) Its not an OS ver. problem. Tried it with the carrier OS's, MR releases and even the 10.2's. Same thing happens. 

4) Deleted my number and my sister's number, re-inputed them. Still the same issue. 

Help. This may be a bug on the OS or whatever. Other than that, I'm enjoying the BlackBerry 10 so much.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: SMS and Contacts Issue

Hello keenwerkz,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding the SMS issue you are experiencing with your BlackBerry smartphone.

Are you selecting the Contact from your address list when sending the SMS message? Does the same issue occur if you manually type out the full number as a test?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmail77
My Device: Z10

Re: SMS and Contacts Issue

Z10 New OS 10.2
Am from Manila, I upgraded to OS 10.2 last week. Had no problem with OS 10.1 before but with OS 10.2 it's very difficult. Texting application not responsive, it always hangs & the text field is hidden behind the qwerty. Touch phone function hangs as well often that I also need to reboot. BlackBerry has to rectify this soonest.
Please use plain text.