Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: z10

STORY MAKER INCLUDED SAMPLE MUSIC - LICENSES?

Hello, new to the forum here but not to BB. I have been on Team BB since 2001. I am on my sixth device now the Z10.

I hope I have posted this question in the correct area of the forum.

My question is in regards to the music that is included with Story Maker. I have a YouTube channel call Real RC and I have recently discovered that my Z10 combined with Story Maker is a very powerful and easy to use tool for me to get my smaller video content onto YouTube.

I have created 6 or so videos using Story Maker, an example which you can see here: http://youtu.be/t895GSadNCc

I have been using the included sample song "whatever" for my content which was literally perfect for my videos. But recently YouTube has flagged my content and requesting permission for me to use all of the content inside my video. I have extensively searched the internet looking for the artist of the song "whatever", looking for licensing information in regards to the song, and even tried using SoundHound and Shazam to locate the song to no avail.

Is there some way to verify to YouTube that I am allowed to use this song in my videos? Possibly a web link to a permission or common license agreement for the songs contained within Story Maker?

Thank you for any help you can provide in advance. I sure hope that it turns out that this music is free to use or I will have to re-bake all my videos with some different music.

Cheers.