Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Saving a new number to contacts from the Calls log on Z10

Hi,

I am sure I must being stupid and my apologies if anyone has posted this before...And received a fix.

Having had my Z10 for a few days now, aside from a few well documented issues with the charging icon, problems loading Blackberry link and the frustration of just getting used to it I think its not a bad start. There are always going to be issues with new phone and software. I was using a 9860 which I loved and found to be excellent, however it died without warning....

Simply put, I am trying to add a new number to my contacts from the caller list.

So for example if a new supplier has called me and at the end of the call I want to add their number and create a new contact on my 9860/Storm/Storm 2  running 5 & 7 software you just clicked menu and selected "add to contacts" and it instantly created a new contact form to be filled in. 

I cannot see any way of doing this using BB10 software on the Z10? Am I being stupid?

It would be great to have BB Travel, Spotify, Skype, Kindle all sooner than later but I guess all in good time.

Ian 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Saving a new number to contacts from the Calls log on Z10

Hey Smiffy1st,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To create a new contact from a phone number, hold your finger on the number, when the side bar appears select the add contact symbol.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hey thank you very much indeed. My 12 year old daughter worked it out this morning just before your post.

She is way smarter than her Dad 

As a long term BlackBerry user I have plenty of other queries but they can all wait for another day.

I can only hope that BlackBerry will get cracking and resolve all the initially to be expected glitches and bugs.

Thanks again Ian 

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: vodafone

How do you stop the phone calling the contact when you put your finger on the number? thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Don't put your finger on the contact

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: giffgaff

Thanks HB, Smithy1st 12 year old daughter is way smarter than me too, I couldn't sus it , way to go now
love the life you live, live the life you love
jsl
My Device: jkght765
My Carrier: sprint

do not tap the number - hold your finger down on it until a list of options pops up and then tap save to people
My Carrier: Idea

Hi,

That's precisely what I did, and it did work a couple of times but now when the side bar appears and I click on 'Add" button nothing happens.  Can you please tell me how to go about saving a new contact on Z10?

Contributor
My Carrier: giffgaff

Thanx HB, 

Blackberry OS 10 is good fun as well as being innovative.

love the life you live, live the life you love
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Hi, running 10.2.  When I hold down on the number, I don't see the 'add to contacts'.  The only options available are copy, select more and delete.  I was able to copy the number, then go into contacts, create or edit a contact and past (by holding down on the field to get option)  the number in to the contact. Works for me but seems to be a couple of more steps?