Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
CoachT
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Screen Images and icons are HUGE and no menus appear

[ Edited ]

While investigating the various setting of my new BB10, I hit one called something like visual enhancement or larger images or something that implied it would make the icons and items appear bigger on the screen. 

Now - EVERYTHING is so large, I can only see 4 icons at a time on the screen area and it won't allow me to move up or down (they roll up but then snap down where they started).

- I can't get back to the menu that I reset the size on because it won't allow me back to the SETTING button.

I also cannot use the hub as the font is now so large that only a few lines are visible and it is not allowing me to scroll down or across

I tried restarting as well as removing the battery in hopes that it would reset to defauly. No luck

Tips?

CoachT
New Contributor
CoachT

Re: Screen Images and icons are HUGE and no menus appear

Update/accurate names.

- it was in the Settings area at the very bottom: ACCESSIBILITY (magnification, TTY settings)

MAGNIFY MODE.

Yes - it magnified, but only the upper left half of any given screen is visible on the screen.

Rather frustrating that the natural swipe up or right to left, only bounces the screen image before it snaps back.

CoachT
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]

I just duplicated the effect you mentioned.   I thought I was hooped. hahahaha,

What you need to do is while  on your home  screen put 2 fingers spread apart on the screen and slide your fingers together.   The opposite to zoom in.   When you do this you can bring the icons to normal size .

Then from there you will be able to get to the settings and turn the Magnification mode off.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
New Contributor
CoachT

Bam it works.

Thank you.

Now the obvious question for the BB ppl: I was just messing around... If someone ACTUALLY wanted to use magnify mode... it pretty much ain' working.

T

CoachT