Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sasktel

TTY with Q10 or Z10 ?

I hope to soon be able to afford to ditch my Samsung and go back to a Blackberry.

Before I do, I need to know if the Q10 or Z10 can do TTY.

The list at docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32161/thc1357757848536.html is useless because it doesn't say what it means by "capable of communicating with TTY devices".   Ie., is that TTY device the one being used by the person I want to talk to or does it refer to a TTY device that I would have to connect to my phone before trying to use my phone to call someone?

In other words, can the phone, BY ITSELF, be used to let me communicate with another TTY user or would I need to hook up an external TTY machine first?   If the former, then one of those phones could be good for me.   If the later, then those phones are useless because I am not going to lug a TTY around with me.    Requiring an external TTY would be idiotic anyway because the phone already has a keyboard and a display that SHOULD make it unnecessary to hook up an external keyboard/display.

Something else I am looking for in a phone is compatibility with bluetooth wrist watches.   I can't hear my phone ring, If I'm working or otherwise physically active I very often won't feel it vibrating either, hence a desire for something like a buzzing wristwatch that would make it harder to miss incoming texts and emails.