Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Alyafei
My Device: Z10, BB9180 and BB9800

Totally disappointed with Z10

Dear RIM, unfortunately with the release of your new Blackberry Device (Z10) I noticed that you are not trying to satisfy your huge amount of customers, you are just trying to challenge other brands such as IPhone and Samsung, which is totally wrong because you are different, you were absolutely made for business and professionals, while the above mentioned brands were made for all ages.

The way you are trying to enhance your product is completely wrong because you have made your device similar to others, which made you miss lots of feature that people were buying your device for.

Your device used to be a great communication method, poor multimedia device, now became the opposite   

I am a blackberry fan user, I have started using your products in 2009, started with Blackberry bold 9000, and end up with 9810 os7.1.  One month ago, I purchased the Z10, and I just started using it yesterday because I was scare to be disappointed, where after using your device for almost 30 hours I found the below

External and hardware

1-      The device does not have Menu button

2-      No Telephone buttons (answer and ignore)

3-      No back button

4-      No Optical trackpad

5-      No Silence button

6-      No Convenience Key

7-      Battery Life

Internal and OS level

1-      Not easy to go to the home screen, I have to swipe, while before I just press the Ignore button

2-      Does not have notification bar

3-      No Alert profiles/customer Alert profiles (very important)

4-      No alerts for specific apps

5-      No alerts for multiple email accounts

6-      No easy access to Mobile network (3G/2G), wireless, Bluetooth and Hotspot

7-      No menu option in the applications panel

1. Cut
  2. Paste
  3. Copy
  4. Move
  5. Favorite
  6. Hide
  7. Settings
  8. Options

8-      No email icons, I have always to brows up to the hub

9-      No ability to show some special characters and Arabic letters

10-   No option to have different vibrates for apps or alerts

11-   You could not create a proper integration environment between your old devices and Z10

12-   No copy and paste on the phone dia.

13-   Call logs cannot be collapse except within the same period of time

14-   Network coverage is low

15-   Calls functionality is bad (No redial if the call cannot be proceed)

16-   No delivery report after sending a text massage

17-   Device will be security locked even during calls

18-   Bit hard to switch language typing

19-   Alerts and ring tones are too low and there is no much available

20-   Ability to send PIN messages

Applications  (Blackberry Messenger)

1-      Cannot Collapse the categories or hide the contacts under the categories  

2-      No confirmation alert or discard when modifying profiles or refresh to original (Either own or contact)

3-      Cannot add my PIN for testing purposes

4-      No select all when broadcasting a massage

5-      Copy a massage and past, will result in pasting the massage with the sender name

6-      Not showing special characters in contacts names

7-      No zoom out when adding display picture

8-      Cannot send a picture that was taken be screen capture except through the gallery media

Please note all the above features used to be in the old OS versions, and I am not asking you for something new.

Three of my friends have already switched back to their old devices, and today after I submit this  

Please RIM if you cannot add the above features, just produce new products similar to 9810,9900

finally excuse my english

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Totally disappointed with Z10

Half of what you say is not there, actually is there, or is not needed. No phone button... the phone link is present right on the main screen at the bottom. No home button.. It's not an iPhone, a home button is not needed.

I understand your frustration on the others. The OS is obviously being updated and many of your requests are likely to be added back in.

Until then, yea, BlackBerry is trying to be consumer conscious, consumers are buyers.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ReddoC
My Device: bbz10

I disagree with you.. I think BB is going right . For user, For Developper, and We all need FUN. ... even Busy Business and professional .
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Yes, a lot of us blackberry users are so stuck in the past that it is hard for us to move on it would seem. Personally I am loving my new phone, that's not to say that some things don't need to be updated or even fixed, just that there us enough new awesomeness that I am willing to wait.. :d
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Very much of what you are asking is actually available and works well.

The way of using the Z10 is a different concept. Once you learn it, it is actually faster and more efficient than with the past models. I can take a picture with the camera and send it. I do this often in my work. In the Hub, I can very quickly pull in the extended Hub menu and select individual email accounts if I don't want them all at once.  I can also go in to the set-up and configure which email, text, and etc., accounts I would prefer to show  in the Hub by default.

There are more updates and more refinements being worked on for the Z10. There is another OS update coming out soon.

Blackberry service and support is actually better than most of the other phone manufactures in the market place. The security for the Blackberry user is said to be the best in the industry. .

I very strongly suggest you read the user instruction manual about this phone.  Also visit the Blackberry site and reveiw the tutorials in the support section. Take some adventures in to exploring the menus and functions.

We have a fair number of these phones and love them. We are also looking forward to try the Q10 when it comes out just to see the difference. The Z10 design format is actually best with the vertual keyboard type phone. With the Q10 about 45% of the screen is lost to the mechanical keyboard.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

Half of what they said is their, what about the other half that is making many return their BB10 ?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

zeyadq8 wrote:

Half of what they said is their, what about the other half that is making many return their BB10 ?

I can see what you're saying as very possible, if the device does not function for one's needs, you need to get the device that works best for the user.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicothegreek
My Device: BB Z10

[ Edited ]

I totally disagree. As with anything new there is a steep learning curve. For the consumer, and for the company. Obviously BB is willing to listen to the consumer and add features with updates. Together we can develop this to be an even better device then it already is. I think the New Z10 is fantastic and can hardly wait for the Q10 to come out (most of my friend's are waiting for it). I was also waiting for the Q10 but decided to take the plunge and act on the Z10. Am I ever happy I did. Keep up the good work guys. I look forward to all the new updates. And for bigger and better things to come.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

nicothegreek wrote:

Keep up the good work guys. I look forward to all the new updates. And for bigger and better things to come.

x100.

But again, not everyone will like it. There will always be unhappy detractors.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KayceeP
My Device: bb bold 9780

Please tell me that U can Instantly & Easily REDIAL on the Z10 Phone. I call into Radio Contests on my BB 9780 & all I do is hit SEND END SEND END Repeatidly. Is REDIAL a lot More Complicated on the Z10???

And what about the ANSWER/IGNORE function? Is that Easily available on the Z10? Bcuz if you're on another call You'd like2 be able2 just See Ignore & tap it or when U don't want2 take a call You'd like2 just be able to Easily See & Tap Ignore??!?

And then the users comments about Copy, Cut, Paste etc, are these functions Easily available on the Z10? Can U Copy, Cut, Paste Text Only? Is there an Easily available MENU Button that U can hit & then hit SELECT then go in2 your text & highlite what text U want to COPY, then MENU & then CUT or COPY & then go to where U want to PASTE the text? Hope I've explained myself good?

And there's sooo much more the user said was Not available but most of U Replied they are available. Man I sure hope so.

But my Biggest concern is the Instant Redialing!!! Will I be able to just SEND END SEND END like on my BB 9780 or am I going2 hav2 go through a much bigger process to Redial Instantly???

I really look forward to your answers.

Thanks so much in advance!
Kaycee :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.