Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Totally disappointed with Z10

KayceeP wrote:

But my Biggest concern is the Instant Redialing!!! Will I be able to just SEND END SEND END like on my BB 9780

Simple, open the phone application. Tap the number if you have saved as a Fav place (if not, dial it once and it is listed on your phone app screen). Then, just tap the number, end. Tap the number, end. Tap the number, end.

Same process as before.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9780

OMG! Awesome! Thank You! Maybe it's best not to believe a lot of the complaints on this forum bcuz there sure is a lot! Most people say a lot of the Old & Loved features we have/had on our previous BB's are now gone, like not being able to add our own words to the dictionary so Z10's dictionary understands our own words etc.
Just sooo many complaints I dunno what2 believe!

But Thank U for answering this one about instant redialing bcuz this ones a biggy for me :smileywink:

HAGD
Kaycee

Kaycee, feel free to any questions if you're not sure what you're reading is true.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

In the previous Blackberry phones, and in the Z10 it is possible to customize the dictionary. You can add any words you want. You can also build word substitutions.

For details, you can find the instructions about how to do this in the help section of the phone. It is not very complicated to do.

Jerry G.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10, Curve 9300, Playbook

I am sorry I gave it a like as I am not totally disappointed with Z10, simply I think some of the features from the previous bb should be there e.g. contact categories, speed dial with the whole name and not just the first name, copy past of numbers from emails to contacts etc., 

Visitor
My Device: Z10

Hi I basically like the Z10 but looking forward to some of basic functionalities like being able to click and dial nos. in messages.

One thing that is lacking though are apps like viber, wechat, skype which are all essential for business people. I wonder when these apps will become available.

New Contributor
My Device: 9000

Yeah, everybody now wants to "have fun" instead of working, at least sometimes. That's why so many useless gadgets are produced which cannot be used for serious work.

What? I don't do serious work on mine?
Just took a week of vacation and never touched a laptop or tablet, worked directly from #Z10 the entire time and never missed a beat.

Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi there,

I beg to differ, the Z10 is a a great device from BlackBerry. They have sucessfully transformed from what they were to suit the market and customers of all age and sex. Yes BlackBerry was made for business now its been 3 years since RIM and BlackBerry have said that it is for everybody, business men, professionals, college students, women, house wifes etc.

BlackBerry has grown from a bad multi media device and its great, its helping a lot of customers both business/professional and others. I have been using BlackBerry since 2005 and have seen the transition and think that the team behing BlackBerry have done a outstanding work to get their devices where it is today " a complete mobile computing device".

All in all, you're one fool living in 2013 and fetching for legacy operating system feeatures which is already available on BB10. the best way you could be satisfied is by sticking to old BBs or buy yourself an Apple/Android phone to become a part of  their community :smileyhappy:

Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9780

I'm on Alyafei's side. I think BB RIM should've Kept All the Old Features Plus the New features. The Old Features were so much Simpler to Access instead oif all the stupid Swipe Swipe Swipe & Swipe to Finally get to where U want.
BB RIM is to into Trying2 be Just like Everyone Else & now they've created a Stupid Phone rather than a Smart Phone. The New Bbn's are Very TIME Consuming & that's Not good for Business people which is Why Business people All over the World Switched to a BB.
Like AL I know 100's of people too who have gone back to their Old BB's incl NHL stars & more!!!

The Q10 would've been great had U made it a Curved Keyboard & incl the SEND, MENU, BACK & END buttons. Buttons are Faster for Business people rather than all this Stupid Swiping just to be like other Smart Phone Companies.

Come on BB RIM, Start Really Listening to the Business People All Around the World.

I seen a Possible S10 but the keyboard again was that Stupid Boxy Square Keyboard. Curved Keyboards Make the texting/typing sooo much Easier & Less Chance of hitting the Wrong Key like U do with a Straight & Square Keyboard & or Swiping.
I've had sooo many Messages from people Swipe Texting & zillions of Wrongly typed or BB Guessed Words.

Pleeeeez BB RIM Listen to us & Make a New BB with ALL of Our Old Features PLUS your NEW Features!!!! If U do U will then have the Perfect Phone.

Thanks just in case U do listen, but I highly doubt it bcuz U Never have in the past. Maybe if U Did Listen You'd Do Better Financially & Not hav2 Lay Off Staff!!!!!!!

Kaycee :s