Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
DanVil
My Device: Torch 9800

Transfer Torch data to Z10 90% successful - Missing Contacts

Hey everyone,

I used the BB Link tool to back up and migrate all the data from my Torch to my new Z10. I got everything accept my contacts. I was successful with my BBM contacts, text messages, Text contacts, recieved calls (numbers), email and calendar (Using Active Sync) and yet for what ever reason my contacts remain on my Torch and will not save and or transfer to my Z10. I tried twice and still no luck. Any Ideas and all ideas are very much welcome.

Thanks

Danvil

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook

Re: Transfer Torch data to Z10 90% successful - Missing Contacts

Same here. I gave up. I did a wipe. And left all the data on ny old bold. Copied the contacts through blue tooth
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sboron
My Device: Blackberry Z10

My contacts transferred over just fine but my calendar did not. Had to input it manually as I need it often.
My big issue now is getting it partner ed with a Bluetooth devise. It is not recognizing either one that I have. Any ideas? Or does anyone know if a particular blue tooth devise is compatible with bb10?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Adam8
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Hello DanVil,

Have you tried to create a Backup of your Torch using BlackBerry Desktop Software and restore the contacts to the BB10 with BlackBerry Link? The Backup in BlackBerry Link will say the Backup created from the Torch is a Legacy Backup.

Also if that doesn't work, you could just to upload your contacts to Gmail or Outlook.com (Hotmail) and sync the contacts to your device wirelessly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DanVil
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks for all the feedback..

Just got off the phone with BB themselves and the tech mentioned that the only way to transfer contact information from any previous RIM devices to the Z10 is via a Gmail account. Even though it worked it took me a whole week talking, chatting and putting up a questions on forums like this one for anyone to give or get a proper answer to this question.... That’s crazy. This is not rocket science yet BB has made it out to be even more complicated than that................ BB needs to understand that little things like contact transfer information needs to be easy and accessible from any and or all aspects specially for those who are not all that tech savvy. I had to create a Gmail account, save the contacts from my Torch to my desktop, then log into my Gmail account, save them there and then push them to my new device... I personally think that when you log into the BB Link Manager tool and it says that ALL DATA has been transferred then ALL DATA should be transferred not just specific areas of the ALL THE DATA.... Anyhow, I just wanted to say thank you for all your views and help. I just wish it was a little more user friendly.

Thanks again everyone..

PS. I miss my Torch.. LOL. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook

I think also this is ridiculous, that is should be so hard for current BlackBerry users. But I think BlackBerry made it easier for the users coming from iphone, because I have set up a Z10 for my friend and he was using the iphone, syncing everything from icloud was so easy. But I was on BlackBerry Bold 9900 and it was a mess. I was posted off about it. But then I just started from scratch and used only the contacts i really needed via BT. I also miss my bold, but looking so much forward to get the Q10. And at the same time very happy with the Z10. I think BlackBerry will fix everything over time. We should give them a chance, they have been through a very hard period. A friend of mine knows a developer working at BlackBerry and i have heard a long story about the process with QNX etc. Us the previous BlackBerry users, should forgive them for the bugs :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.