Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Dandetri
My Device: Z10

Twitter App for BB10 is unacceptable

The Twitter App on my BB Torch 9900 was excellent. I could quote messages, I could easily follow conversations, when I was deleting twitter messages, it was working. 

Now, the Twitter app for my Z10 is not doing the above. And it's not acceptable. I cannot quote a message and reply, I can only reply to a username or retweet. 

When I read a twitter message, I rarely see the corresponding thread. 

I cannot delete twitter messages. They disappear and reappear. 

Contributor
Dandetri

Re: Twitter App for BB10 is unacceptable

Another thing lost, in the Twitter App on my Torch, I could see in my interactions the people that followed me, retweeted me. Now it's gone as well. 

Contributor
BrianFMartin
My Device: z10

There is certainly much to work on with the OS10. Hopefully RIM I mean Blackberry will sort this.

@BlinkBrian
Contributor
d3rd

Agree... pretty lame implementation. Pictures are not in the app, but open in the browser.
Contributor
Dandetri

Another thing not possible in that very weak app: Can't see our DMs. Doh!

A temporary solution, until BB fix the application:

The mobile version of Twitter works much better than the app. You can quote, see threads, see DMs, etc... 

New Contributor
wmitchell

I am not sure if I missed this somewhere, so if I did I apologize. But what am I missing? On my Torch 9800 twitter messages came in on my message list and I could see all the new messages. Now on the Z10 the hub is there, but my "New" tweets are not. Am I missing a step?

Visitor
ingram75

In addition to the points already raised I really need it to support multiple accounts. Also really miss Social Feeds.

To find Devs please bring back the features I had on my 9700 with OS6!

As a work around I side loaded the Twitter for Android app and it is working fine. It will let me use all of the features I used to use in the OS6 BlackBerry version of Twitter except for the Social Feeds. It was much more convenient to see all of my Twitter activity in one place.  

Ideally I would like to see the Twitter app for the Z10 support multiple accounts and surface them all in the hub!

Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I haven't seen it mentioned but I also noticed that my twitter app "@ Connect" information is either 10-12 hours or days outdated and can't be of any real use ...

Contributor
blairwooff

Abysmal app. Can't change your picture, can't see others' pictures without starting the browser, can't follow a conversation, the 'home' button does nothing (shouldn't it take you to the top?), it goes on and on...but the silliest example is that the 'settings' allows you to change precisely zero settings
Contributor
d3rd

I ended up sideloading Tweetcaster... amazing app.  Never found the twitter app (iphone, andriod) that great anyways.