Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
avchambers
My Device: Z10

User can't seem to add a second email account

I have a client whose device has until now activated on a BESX.  He now has a Z10.  He managed to get his email account added using Exchange & Active-Sync as email, contacts and appointments is really about the only things they need.

The user with the Z10 cannot seem to add his personal account to the phone.  He has spoken with a Blackberry technician, (don't know how that was done without paying for it.) and he was told that although his Z10 is not activated on their BESX it is still using it and Blackberry Balance needs to be enabled for him to be able to add a personal account.

I can't understand how that will work if it's not activated on the BESX let alone the version of BESX doesn't seem to have Blackberry Balance available as it's 5.0.2, and the Z10's aren't supposed to activate unless it's a BES10 server.

Wondering if the data plan is set for a BES which might be preventing addition of personal accounts without first being activated on a BES.  However if that was the case then the account he got setup probably shouldn't have worked.

I haven't even seen one of the Z10's so I have no idea how to walk him through instructions on adding a personal account.  I believe he is trying to add a GMail account which also is giving peopel a hard time.

Contributor
foxforce5
My Device: Z10

Re: User can't seem to add a second email account

May or may not be  helpful...but I had the same problem on my Z10.  Make sure on the second account the 'SMPT Username' and 'Update SMTP Password' fields are blank. 

When setting  up my second account these fields were auto-populated and I had to wipe them out in order for it to work.