Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

What does Blackberry ID sync?

I found this in the Blackberry ID help documentation. It is very sparse and does not detail the function of Blackberry ID. Nevertheless, here is an excerpt.

"With BBM 7.0 or later, your BBM contacts, profile, and group memberships are automatically backed up over the wireless network, and are associated with your BlackBerry ID. When you switch devices, your BBM contacts, profile, and group memberships are automatically added to your new device when you sign in using your BlackBerry ID."

Is there documentation somewhere that explains exactly what your Blackberrry ID "backups" and what it does with the personal information on your OS 10 device? We are a business and do not want to have anything being downloaded  off of our devices or "backed up" without our knowledge. I was unable to find any documentation on Blackberry ID other than what is minimally explained in the topic's help section located on this website.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: What does Blackberry ID sync?

paleshire wrote:

Is there documentation somewhere that explains exactly what your Blackberrry ID "backups" and what it does with the personal information on your OS 10 device? We are a business and do not want to have anything being downloaded  off of our devices or "backed up" without our knowledge. I was unable to find any documentation on Blackberry ID other than what is minimally explained in the topic's help section located on this website.

On your BlackBerry10 device, nothing but your BBMessenger contacts, group memberships and profile are backed up to servers, that I know of.

No address book contacts, mail, messages, or anything.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

OK. Thank you for your help.

Is there a more robust resource on Blackberry IDs?

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ww.bbid.com

BlackBerry ID Support

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code