Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,977
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: What happened to Groups in Contacts?

I don't know if it has been, I know we added it to our list of Feature Requests here in this forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
gliveron
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

I don't know if it has been, I know we added it to our list of Feature Requests here in this forum.

JSanders,

I believe that this issue should be raised from a basic "feature request" to a "bug correction" request !!  Not only is the field non existent in OS10 (yes it was in all previous OS releases) , it actually pulls my contacts out from their respective Category in MS Outlook every time I access or edit a contact from my Z10. This should not be happening....almost as if there's some loose ends with how it syncs with Outlook. For the record, I use EAS to connect to my network and I have close to 1200 different contacts to manage. This new Z10 was supposed to make my work easier not harder !!  If you need more details please feel free to contact me directly as needed.  

JSanders

I don't disagree... to those like you and I who have made use of contacts in the past, this would certainly appear more like a bug than feature request.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
wlofts
My Device: Z10

I am also disapointed not to have groups.  I have over 200 business contacts that break down into groups depending on building and floor.  To add individuals to an email is completely impractical.

This is a feature used daily by business partners with the older Blackberry OS.  It needs to be rectified as soon as possible.

For a company that has a core business user base I am highly surprised to see this missing.

New Contributor
Phenz
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

I've been a 10 year user of BB, my wife for 7 years, and out of Canadian pride, I own stock of the company. I upgraded to the Zed10 as soon as I could...but the lack of this feature will most likely force my wife's hand on moving over to Samsung/Apple/The Enemy. The fact that this feature has been hounded on since it's release in February, and there is still not even a timeline on when it will be fixed shows me that the company is not responding to the requests of it's users. Alienation ahead...I want the company to succeed, but they seem to be doing everything possible to fail...

JSanders

Well, actually there was a "semi-public" statement earlier this week that feature is in the future.

this post:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/GROUPS-where-are-they/m-p/24...

Knowledge Base Updates