Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Z10 Bluetooth Issue

I've recently started having problems connecting my UConnect (Chrysler's Bluetooth) to my Z10. I bought the phone as soon as it came out and it worked fine until this week. Now about 90% of the time it won't connect to the bluetooth in my car. I like to listen to my music (as I drive a lot) but now it won't even play. The title will show on my radio but no sound will come out. If I make a phone call I also can't hear the other end, but they can hear me. 

I've tried restarting the phone (quite a few times) and I have re-setup the bluetooth in the car. I also paired the Z10 and the Uconnect again. Nothing seems to work.

I suspect the latest BB update messed with something as I didn't have a problem up until now.

Any suggestions would be great!

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 Bluetooth Issue

Hey Amber1867,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are you able to connect to another Bluetooth device successfully and use it?  When you re-setup the Bluetooth configuration, did you remove the saved Bluetooth connection from the BlackBerry Z10?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me.
I did remove the old UConnect, so I don't think it's that. When it didn't work I called Telus to see if they thought it was an issue with my phone. Apparently, quite a few other people have complained about it. I guess I have to wait for a fix from BB. I'm also going to try connecting it to another bluetooth device this week to see if it works.
My Device: z10

I had the exact same issue today while I was driving. The only way I got my music to play was after having a call with someone. After talking to someone through the blue tooth in my truck (2012 dodge Ram) the music would play fine. However if I turned the truck off and got back in, I would have to do it over again.

I was driving for 9 hrs so yes I tried everything from rebooting the phone to deleting the link with the truck and pairing it back up. Etc etc

I got my new Z10, tried to pair it with my Peugeot 508, first couple of time no problem. The it just did not pair anymore. I tried with my old iPhone, no problems. 

Did everything I could think of, deleted from car and Z10 previous stored connections, nothing worked. 

Really dissapointing.