Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jpconne
My Device: 9900 bold

Z10 Goes Mute

Has anyone experienced their phone failing to ring or alert them to emails or texts just randomly and then require a re-start to resolve this.  I suspect I may be doing something wrong as its happened on the 2 devices I have had .Begining to feel silly with this.  At no point does the phone indicate it is in mute.

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 Goes Mute

This is a known issue, no solution in the KB yet:

KB here

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
jpconne

So we are all restarting our devices daily when we we notice it has all gone quiet? Add to the Gmail debacle with activsync its not the most glorious of starts.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

I believe that they are actively trying to solve this bug, as it is obviously a big one. I have had it happen to me once, and my sister has had it happen once as well. I know that Blackberry is trying to get a hold of some logs that can allow them to replicate the issue, you should call your carrier and report the issue, they may very well escalate you to Blackberry technical support.

In my case I noticed it happening while I was setting custom notifications, and I have not yet been able to reproduce the issues.

I believe that others are having problems in conjunction with various bluetooth devices causing the issue. There are a number of threads on that here on the board, and I'll try to find some links for you to look at this afternoon.

Do either of those situations sound like they may possibly be the cause of your issue?

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
jpconne

Interesting, it happens at least once daily and quite often but not exclusively when connected to a hands free kit. It has also happened when in the office not connected to a bluetooth device. Phone is sim free so my carrier perhaps not too concerned as they will not t receive the device back. Links would be appreciated and yes this bug in the system is a rather important one.
New Contributor
yoorangee
My Device: z10

i am having the same issue.  since i am on call for work, its a big concern as it doesnt notify me that i have a support call to respond to in the middle of the night.  i also notice that the sound "locks" but I cant figure out how to unlock it.

i also have the unlock phone not working in when i swipe it doesnt give me the log in screen.

i usually have to reboot my phone and even had to pull the battery one time to get it to work properly

kapilt

I have had same issue since day one!!
What is wrong with blackberry selling experimental products to customers, the instrument has so many bugs!!