Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Telstra
Accepted Solution

Z10 Spell Checker Issue

If I enter a word that the spellchecker does not recognise, it gives me its best guess. If I want to keep the entered word, I cannot "space" past the Z10's suggestion. Is there some way of fixing this?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 Spell Checker Issue

I think you are talking about the word suggestion and not the spell checker. If so, the word you typed is just above the keyboard and you need to touch the keyboard and 'flick' the word you typed up onto the screen. Next time this word will be on the keyboard space bar because the bb10 device will learn it. :smileywink:

If you miss a flick simply swipe anywhere on the keyboard from right to left to revert back to the word you typed instantly. To delete the word swipe right to left again. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

Where I said 'touch the keyboard...' I meant to say 'touch the space bar and flick up the word'
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

The more you type on your Z10, the more it will learn your habits and will customize the suggested words that much better. The secret is to keep typing and be patient with it.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.