Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Z10 display issues need urgent attention.

[ Edited ]

Hi there. 

I would like to know whether there should be more than one plastic film covering the Z10 when boxed / shipped?

Upon receiving my phone from my service provider / carrier, I peeled off the plastic film that it came with out the box to reveal the biggest and brightest display I have ever seen. But, unfortunately the joy was short lived...

Firstly, the device becomes extremely hot when operated with multiple background applications and / or while using mobile data networks etc. That I am not so concerned with any more, as it seems to be a quiet common topic on the forums and elsewhere online.

The problem is the display / screen of my Z10 that has me very worried. 

It seems as if the glass, which in my case does not look nor feel like glass, is covered in a slightly thicker plastic coating, which for the first few days were not visible at all. This plastic covering has now started to lift from the display, causing bubbles underneath this plastic layer.

Although this layer is lifting, it does however remain very much intact around the edges of the screen. So, I am wondering whether this plastic coating is part of the actual display or whether it is something I could, or should have removed, because I wasn't aware of devices coming with a double layer of film protection. 

Thank you

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 display issues need urgent attention.

The Z10 ships with one layer of protective coating, which is common with electronic devices.  If you're seeing bubbles forming in the middle of the screen, you've got a defective unit and should return it to MTN for a replacement.  Make sure to do a data backup with BlackBerry Link before doing so.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Re: Z10 display issues need urgent attention.

The bubbles are right on top, I can physically touch them and "squeeze" them to the edge where they then "disappear"
They do come back though. What should the first layer be that I can see on my Z10? Should it be glass? The very first thing I can touch on the screen is plastic / rubbery film covering the entire display area. I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong with my phone as the display is wonderful, it is just the annoying bubbles under this "film" layer that is spoiling my fun with my new phone. :-)