Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
phabellis
My Device: Z10

Z10 functionality for text messaging

I have been used to clicking on a number and then deciding whether  I want to call or text that person. It now appear I have to go into the text messages function and select a contact . Is there a way to click on numbers and decide the function required as in previous models

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Z10 functionality for text messaging

Do you mean from the phone app or from the Hub?

Not that I'm aware of.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
designkros
My Device: -

In contacts app, you can select if you want to call, text message, skype, ... after clicking the contact in the dropdown.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
designkros

In now realized it's not possible to do it this way in the phone app - there you have to long-press the contact, open it in contacts app and then you can text-message.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
designkros

And if you mean a number you just received in text-message, you long-press the number and then select what you want to do - copy, call, send text message, open in contacts, ...

Please use plain text.