Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Z10 not adding email accounts

i had added an imap email account to by blackberry yesterday. however, i faced issues with mails not being sent the entire day and though id better delete the email account and re-set-up.

What i have since found is that each time i try and add the same email address, i go through the entire motion of inputing the server etc data and press Done. Once the screen reverts back to the email accounts window, the new email address has not been set-up.

is there a way around this as i am unable to really use my BB Z10 at present without email.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Z10 not adding email accounts

Hello Kabsl,

Have you confirmed that your email account can or cannot be setup ultilizing ActiveSync?

Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

i've managed to setup the email now. i had to wipe the data from phone and then go through the device swithc process again. this allowed me to set up the email as i wanted.

however, what has resulted from this is that i am off BBM. each time i try and restore BBM using Device Switch, i am given the below error:

Unable to Complete Setup

Temporary Server Error

A temporary server error has occurred. Please try again

Exit

a hard re-boot of the device didnt help here.

Using restore from email didnt work as i havent associated BBM with any of my email addresses in the past.

If i select continue as a new user, will i lose all the BBM contacts?

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Interesting, your BBM contacts should all be tied to your BlackberryID, so they should come back. Some other users have seen this issue, one was in this thread here and they seemed to have success restoring them by entering airplane mode and switching back out, which essentially turns off all of the radios and then pops them all back on.

Maybe that will work, although your issue seems slightly different so maybe it won't help? :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: