Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Seeking to be a bb user
My Carrier: Might change depending on the BB device offering

Z10's sync with Outlook; outlook on RIM's sale

According to http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/17/blackberry-10-link-usb-sync-to-outlook-coming-soon-confirmed, RIMS's 2-way link doesn't cover Tasks and Notes, and CompanionLink requires the cloud.  Just wondering if the RIM solution has progressed to address the deficiency.  The Z10 was my planned solution until I ran into this information about syncing with Outlook.

Also, a friend of mine who works in the infrastructure business says that my concerns about the future of the device is warranted now that RIM is (apparently) going to be sold.  Thanks to anyone who can share their perspective on this.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10's sync with Outlook; outlook on RIM's sale

berryBlackFrum wrote:

According to http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/17/blackberry-10-link-usb-sync-to-outlook-coming-soon-confirmed, RIMS's 2-way link doesn't cover Tasks and Notes, and CompanionLink requires the cloud.  Just wondering if the RIM solution has progressed to address the deficiency.  The Z10 was my planned solution until I ran into this information about syncing with Outlook.

The sync between BB10 and Office Outlook has been available for a few months now, all you need is the latest version of BlackBerry Link and OS 10.1 or above on the phone

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Martin.  About the sync, I went through reader commets on the page in my original post, which describe the deficiencies that I mention in my post.  Some of the comments are as recent as August, but it isn't clear whether the deficiencies were resolved.  Is that something you can respond to?

Afternote: Specifically, there was suppose to be a full 2-way sync over USB covering contacts, notes, and calendar.  Just wondering whether this eventually came, and how well it works.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

berryBlackFrum wrote:

Afternote: Specifically, there was suppose to be a full 2-way sync over USB covering contacts, notes, and calendar.  Just wondering whether this eventually came, and how well it works.

There is full two-way sync over USB connection for contact(s) and calendar only, Office Outlook task and note are not sync at the moment

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

Sad to hear.  I will look into CompanionLink.  The one anecdote I found online was not positive, but will look further.  Thanks.