Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Hassank1
My Device: Z10

contacts with international dialing code

If I save a local phone number with international dialing code, the contact's name will not show when receiving a call..

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Also, when I receive an SMS, the number will show with the international dialing code, if I want to call this number, the + will be ommited and hence the number won't be correct for dialing.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: contacts with international dialing code

Hey Hassank1,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

In your contacts, do you have the + and country code saved in the phone number?  If you do and the issue still persists, I suggest contacting your network service provider and asked to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can gather some logs.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Hassank1
My Device: Z10

Thank you for your kind reply.

I was using the storm 2 "9550" and when I bought the Z10, I transferred all the data and contacts through the BB link so, the way the contacts are saved is exactly the same way it was saved on the 9550 where I didn't have any problem.

The numbers I'm saving are in the form of +234xxxxxxxxxx....I'm doing that so I can easily call any number while roaming.

Another issue is when I receive SMS from a new number, it will show in the same form above, when I go to the option "call" to call this number, the + is omitted and hence can't call the number unless I edit it. I didn't have this problem on the 9550. In addition, on the 9550, you can paste a number on the dial pad while on Z10 you can paste or edit a number on the dial pad which makes it very difficult to find a solution for the above poblem.

Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

You are not the only one this is not a carrier problem it is a Blackberry software problem. If you remove the +XXX the contact name  will appear , your options are  :

1. Switch to your old BB until  BB fixes  this problem among many other important matters such as outlook sync, Skype, Whatsapp,

2. Sell the phone and get one that works !!