Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
sammydinar
My Device: z10

emails dissapearing from bb10

My emails are disappearing randomly from my BlackBerry. I haven't deleted then they just are gone. I also cannot find anyway to set how long I can keep my messages. Any help???
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: emails dissapearing from bb10

If your emails are being downloaded by outlook (or any other email program) from the server to a PC, the emails may be removed by the server and then they will disappear from the Z10 since the Z10 is looking at the mail server.

i.e. My desktop outlook is set to check for new messages on the server every 5 minutes and new messages are downloaded and removed from the server. If I leave outlook running at home, a new message may appear on my Z10 for a few minutes before my home outlook downloads it and it gets removed from the server. Then it disappears from the Z10.

Most programs can be configured to leave a copy on the server as well as download it.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Heh, I replied to a dual post I think, anywhere here is what I said:

A few more details will be needed to help you solve the issue:

What type of account is setup on the Z10 for the emails that go missing? IMAP, POP, ActiveSync,etc?

Do you use any other email clients (Outlook, webmail. etc) to view, delete or move these emails to folders?

That said the info from taylor-tomt was where I was headed... If you need further details to solve the issue, then the information above will help to solve the problem. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammydinar

Okay. But my live account and my outlook account doesn't remove the emails. They are only disappearing from the z10. I had a torch before and never had this issue. My coworker is having the same problems. I remember the torch having some kind of control that allowed u to keep messages in definatly. Any ideas of how this may work on the z10.??
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammydinar

Forgive me as I am technologically challenged. It seems to be happening to all my accounts at random. Gmail, live and outlook is there no way on this BlackBerry to set how long u can keep a message?
Please use plain text.
johndouglas
My Device: Z10

My carrier is Telus. Emails only stay on my hub for a short period of time. I want them to stay until I delete them. How?

Please use plain text.