Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

emails dissapearing from bb10

My emails are disappearing randomly from my BlackBerry. I haven't deleted then they just are gone. I also cannot find anyway to set how long I can keep my messages. Any help???
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: emails dissapearing from bb10

If your emails are being downloaded by outlook (or any other email program) from the server to a PC, the emails may be removed by the server and then they will disappear from the Z10 since the Z10 is looking at the mail server.

i.e. My desktop outlook is set to check for new messages on the server every 5 minutes and new messages are downloaded and removed from the server. If I leave outlook running at home, a new message may appear on my Z10 for a few minutes before my home outlook downloads it and it gets removed from the server. Then it disappears from the Z10.

Most programs can be configured to leave a copy on the server as well as download it.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Heh, I replied to a dual post I think, anywhere here is what I said:

A few more details will be needed to help you solve the issue:

What type of account is setup on the Z10 for the emails that go missing? IMAP, POP, ActiveSync,etc?

Do you use any other email clients (Outlook, webmail. etc) to view, delete or move these emails to folders?

That said the info from taylor-tomt was where I was headed... If you need further details to solve the issue, then the information above will help to solve the problem. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Okay. But my live account and my outlook account doesn't remove the emails. They are only disappearing from the z10. I had a torch before and never had this issue. My coworker is having the same problems. I remember the torch having some kind of control that allowed u to keep messages in definatly. Any ideas of how this may work on the z10.??
Highlighted
New Contributor

Forgive me as I am technologically challenged. It seems to be happening to all my accounts at random. Gmail, live and outlook is there no way on this BlackBerry to set how long u can keep a message?
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

My carrier is Telus. Emails only stay on my hub for a short period of time. I want them to stay until I delete them. How?

New Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: Telecom Italia Mobile

I know this is an old issue but the problem is still there, I've the same problem. I have a Mac and I don't use any email client, I use Gmail from the web and from the BB10.
The problem is connected to a wrong manage of Imap protocol. When an email is archived on gmail, or is it tagged with a gmail tag created by a user, it disappears from the phone.
One buys a Blackberry mainly for its professional features and then he must face this s**t problems which makes the phone a piece of **bleep**.
It is a shame, as even a monkey knows that a software must be tested before being released. Shame on BB10.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I actually disagree.

lorenzodp wrote:
When an email is archived on gmail, or is it tagged with a gmail tag created by a user, it disappears from the phone.

Labels in GMail are translated to folders on the device (likewise in a host of other email clients...GMail labels are rather "special" in the world, few other systems use that model). The intent of a label/folder is to remove something from the actual Inbox so as to clear up the clutter (something pretty much everyone suffers from). But, as long as you configure the device to synchronize the labels/folders you desire, you can still see those items on the device...not in the Inbox of course, but by selecting (on the device interface) the specific label/folder that contains the items you are interested in. Refer:

• Article ID: KB33967 Filed Gmail messages do not appear in the BlackBerry Hub on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: Telecom Italia Mobile

I don't agree.

First, I hope Blackberry doesn't want to decide for me what to consider clutter and what not. In fact, there actually is a difference between cancelled and archived emails. If i archive an email, means I don't want to lose it, at least for synchronisation period I set.
That this is a bug, misbehaviour or whatever we want to call it, is proven by the fact that email sent are still shows up when received emails disappear.
And unfortunately KB33967 solution doesn't work, seems like it has been written without testing it. In fact the "All Mail" folder doesn't show up in the list, so there's no way so see the archived emails, although the "All Mail" folder was set to be synchronised via Imap in gmail configuration.
Anyway, even if the workaround you link was working (and it doesn't), it was a bad workaround as you'd have your sent email without the received email in the main view.
Moreover, that workaround can't in any case be a solution because when you synchronise a subfolder, you see the emails in it 2 times!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I don't think I am actually understanding your symptoms. You started with pure labels, which the device treats like folders. Now you are talking about the All Mail folder versus other things. So I am confused by why you are expecting to happen versus what is actually happening. Regardless, the KB is all that I could find for you...but you of course are free to search that KB database for more pertinent articles that might better match your situation.

Also, you've not revealed your OS level...it is possible you are running an OS that has such a bug in it that has been resolved in a later version. I can't tell (nor do I have the ability to posses any full bug list of any kind...only what I can recall from experience).

Lastly, I don't speak for BB...I don't work for them, and discussions with them are not the intent of this site.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code