Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
lokey40
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

function

will the new software be as hard ro work with as OS7 what I mean by that is no other major OS allows any type of real intergation ie maps,calendar,email, WTF.  REALLY LIKE TO KEYBOARD HATE THAT I CAN NOT EVEN SYNC MY GMAIL OR MAC CALENDAR WTF

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: function

hi, what is your question? I do not understand.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
tonygluk
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: MegaFon

[ Edited ]

EDIT: Sorry, I've posted this to the wrong topic.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lokey40

blackberry has little to know cross platform support, it does not play nice with google or mac. A quick check of the forms shows that, will BB10 be strong on it's own or will you be able to say use google maps or sync calendar over iCloud. Don't get me wrong I love the keyboard and the style, but unless you use it across enterprise you not getting full use.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

lokey40 wrote:
blackberry has little to know cross platform support, it does not play nice with google or mac.

About Google:

Google is starting to shut down all devices that are not Android... Windows, Apple, BlackBerry. Not the way around:

• Google unilateraly has modified their Google Maps website so that it does not work anymore on the PlayBook
  • Google unilateraly has shut down their Google Sync tool on Windows
  • Google unilateraly has shut down their Enterprise ActiveSync feature and replaced it by IMAP+caldav+carddav, knowing that iOS and WindowsPhone are not ready for it (BlackBerry10 is ready for it but not the past OS versions)

So yes you can blame BlackBerry from not being owner by Google but that does not lead to much in the end?

About Apple:

well, I am not sure that not being compatible with Apple products is a flaw, it usually is the other way around. How many smartphones cannot use a regular microUSB cord ? How many computers in the world require an adaptor to be able to link to an HDMI device? How many smartphones on earth cannot simply get an mp3 and listen to it without requiring a PC/Mac to do the transfer?

About MacOS:

BlackBerry Desktop Software exists for mac (for OS7 and prior)

for the new BlackBerry Link, the Mac version was released the same day as the Windows version, and requires iTunes and iPhoto to work correctly. How is this about "not playing nice with mac"...

About iCloud:

• let me remind you the requirements of the iCloud service sold by Apple, it's here: https://www.apple.com/icloud/ specifically, to use iCloud you must either own an Apple device (for MacOS, requires OSX or higher), or a Windows PC starting Windows Vista (Windows XP users can forget that). These are the requirements elaborated by Apple, not by BlackBerry.
  • Do you blame the iPhone for not having BlackBerry Messenger ? No, so there is no reason to blame a smartphone for not being compatible with iCloud.
  • On the other hand, I agree on the fact that BlackBerry could do more about the cloud possibilities. But remember that there is BlackBerry Protect that is as far as I know better in its security category than all what is available on other smartphone brands.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lokey40

I see your point but google services still work well on iPhone not sure about windows this evident by the release of google maps for IOS. If RIM would even make away just to import the data I would be happy with that. QNX looks promising, so we will see, hopefully BB10 will be such at hit that google will forced to bring back app support, it was only reason they support IOS.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

g stuff will work so long as you use it

after its SOL

i am using 5 gmail accounts for alerts on my firewalls and now trying to use EAS for them instead of BIS push

google is blocking

apple is locking

rest is mocking

do i rap?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

lokey40 wrote:
I see your point but google services still work well on iPhone not sure about windows this evident by the release of google maps for IOS.

Google Maps is different from Google Contacts & Google Calendar.

With Google Maps, Google gets information on what users want: they search how to go from one place to another.

So when Apple Inc. decided to stop using the Google Maps APIs for iOS6, of course it did harm Apple because their new mapping service was not top notch. But it harmed far more Google, because it meant far less queries to Google Maps, and thus far less statistical data to feed their algorithms.

On the other hand, Google has far less interest in getting people's calendar and contacts. They already have all that through the Google Mail service.

In other words, it is crucial for Google to keep getting the emails from BlackBerry/WindowsPhone/iOS users, but not so for contacts & calendar. This is the reason why, starting now, Google is stopping the ActiveSync synchronization system and Google Sync tools for Contacts & calendar.

It is a deliberate move to cripple the Google experience for people not using an Android device.

And since they cannot do that openly because they say they are not Evil, they simply say "for new Contacts & Calendar", we do not support ActiveSync anymore, but feel free to use the CardDav and CalDav protocols.

They are right, those two protocols can be used. I currently use them on my PlayBook and my Z10 on the BlackBerry10 OS. But as far as I know those are not available yet for iOS or WindowsPhone or BlackBerry OS5/OS6/OS7.

Of course, for existing accounts, Google has said that all the ActiveSync will still work, but many users have witnessed the contrary.

I hope indeed that CardDav and CalDav synchronization will be possible very soon for OS7 devices.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lokey40

Well I am in the US, so no BB10 yet, shame blackberry makes the only decent keyboard. Guess I will have to wait for BB10 for more functionally without using BES.
Please use plain text.