Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: at&t

help! kakaotalk for Z10?

Help!  I am not adept with new tech, but got an upgrade to the z10....downloaded kakaotalk app from BBworld and they don't seem to work...does it not work? thx for any guidance...

Solutions: 6,259
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: help! kakaotalk for Z10?

What happens when you try to use this application?

ALSO >> You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the comment about the number...i wasn't even aware and for giving instructions on how to change that...

In regards to kakakotalk....I actually downloaded two kakaotalk icons...did so after the first didn't work, so thought maybe it was a faulty one and downloaded the other also.  Both of them are not interactive as you open the application.  I have downloaded kakaotalk without a problem on an blackberry  (curve) but this one is different....other than this, I don't know how to explain how it is not working...don't know if it is a bad application to begin with...someone who downloaded one of the apps commented that it was a scam...could it be?!!!  Thx 

Solutions: 6,259
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I just looked, appears to be three different apps for Kakaotalk, and none of them are the actual app. They are only "information" apps, tell about Kakaotalk.

If you want the actual app, you can try sideloading the Android app, or upgrade your OS to release 10.2.1.1925 and you can install it directly to the Z10.

Meanwhile, there are many other multiplatform messaging apps... such as BBM and WhatsApp

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you for looking into the kakaotalk applications and for finding out that they are not true applications...that explains a lot.  What do you mean by "sideloading" the android app?  I realize there are various apps for messaging....I had downloaded the kakaotalk with the Blackberry curve as that is the most of my friends have and was disappointed I couldn't download with the newer blackberry.

Thank you for your time and help!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If your friends have BlackBerry, iPhone or Android you can all use BBM. It's better than all the other messenger apps put together.

Sideload means you have to install via your PC and a USB cable with an app on the PC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

If I sideload, after the initial installation via a PC installed app, can I continue to use it without being hooked up to the PC? thank you...
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Yes
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!