Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: z10

how to sync my contacts from z10 to the computer

How to sync my contacts from the z10 to the computer
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: how to sync my contacts from z10 to the computer

Hello,

At present via the Link software, there is 1-way sync (computer to device) sync available with Outlook. In the future, bi-directional sync has been promised.

If you are not concerned about using "the cloud" as your sync intermediary, you can right now configure to sync calendar and contacts between Outlook and your BB10 device...refer:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: z10

Do you have any idea when the two-way sync will be available? Few weeks? Few months? Next year?

Is the two-way sync for calendar and notes as well?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I have no inside information to reveal. All that has been officially said is things like "soon" and "this year"...beyond that is pure speculation. I know that the official statements have included contacts and calendar, and I think (but cannot recall specifically) they also will include Notes and Tasks...but you should find the posts from the official BB folks (sorry, I have no links) for the official statements.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code