Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
lisabeth
My Device: blackberry z10

picture app not working since last update

Hi,
I upgraded my BlackBerry Z10 with the latest update 10.2.0.429 and since then picture app hasn't been working. When I click on it, it just bounces back to the menu. How do I correct this please?
New Contributor
Barbi_doll
My Device: Q10

Re: picture app not working since last update

Are you speaking about the picture app that was preinstalled on your device when you bought it?

New Contributor
lisabeth

Yes
New Contributor
Barbi_doll

I can't be certain this will help, but it's an attempt.

First, see if you can hold the app icon until it flashes, like as if you were going to move it....if you can, the option to delete it should be there if it's able to be deleted...however DO NOT YET DELETE.

If it can be deleted, see if you can source a reinstall via BlackBerry App World....if so....then go ahead and delete it and then reinstall it.

FIRST THOUGH BACK UP YOUR MEDIA FILES VIA BLACKBERRY LINK or Move them onto a removable media card and then take your card out before you delete the app.

I wish I could help you more, but my phone isn't even accessible at this time for me to check into my own suggestions.

However, odd as it is, the problem you're describing (the bouncing) is very similar to what landed me where I'm at. My whole phone was doing the bounce quick to right and return to it's place which is when I walked into doing a factory reset and am now stuck trying to reload the os with no success.

Whatever you do, back up your phone via Link first and foremost.
New Contributor
lisabeth

I just did tried if it could be deleted but it can't. It only alllows me to move it not delete.
New Contributor
Barbi_doll

I'm not experienced enough to make further comment on how to fix this. It sounds like it's simple bug.

If you're looking just to gain access to your picture files, download a file manager and access through that for the time being. Hope that it resolves at the next OS update which is coming very soon.

There are leaked versions of the new OS but ONLY use them if you are experienced and comfortable and have backed everything up.
New Contributor
lisabeth

Please what is the latest version ?
New Contributor
Barbi_doll

The latest OS update released by Blackberry is 10.2, which if  you've done your updates, that is what you should be running.

The leaked OS 10.2.1 autoloader files and instructions can be found on these two links

Instructions: http://crackberry.com/install-leaked-os-autoloader

Thread containing links to the leaked OS: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/lengend-presents-10-2-1-1925-all-q-z-887047/

Remember, do a full backup before attempting this and MAKE SURE YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND the install instructions. The leaked version would not work on my Q10 but it seems many Z10 users have been successful in installing it.

I personally would backup and reload the last update released from Blackberry vs. the leaked one as my first course of action.