Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

--V
New Contributor
--V
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

"View Calendar" from invite?

Hello,

I hope this has not been answered already. I did a search and did not find anything.

I am wondering if it is possible to View Calendar from an invite in OS10. This was one of the most useful functions in OS7 in my opinion and really differentiated BB from Apple and others. When I receive a calendar invite, it is necessary for me to jump straight to the proposed date and time and create a new invite to send to my team. With OS 10 I cannot figure out how to do this. If I simply accept the invite I then have to navigate to the calendar and create a new invite for the same date and time (which I hopefully committed to memory). This is much more cumbersome and not unlike the Apple workflow which requires you to exite completely out of one application to access another. Am I missing something? I am new to this environment but I have not figured out how to jump straight from an invite to the same date and time on my calendar. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: "View Calendar" from invite?

Hello --V and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for your question on the Calendar.

Under Settings>About>Category OS, what's your software version? 

To clarify, when you receive the Calendar invitation, you don't have the option to Accept the invitation to create the appointment in your device? 

If you tap the 3 dots on the lower right corner, what options do you have listed? Do you see one to View in Calendar?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
--V
New Contributor
--V
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Hello, thanks for responding to my question! I have OS version 10.1.0.2038, Build 525050. Software release 10.1.0.2011. I I have used the Software Updates function in settings to check for new versions but it says I have the current version.

So to clarify, when I receive a calendar invite, I DO have the ability to Accept, Deny or Mark as Tentative and to automatically create an event in my calendar. This is not the issue. The issue is that every time I receive a calendar invite, I then have to immediately create a separate calendar invite for the same day and time to send out to the team of people I work with. So the end result is that I have two events in my calendar for the same date and time. One is the one I created and the other is the one I accepted from a third party. 

Before, with my Bold 9930 on OS7, I had the "View Calendar" options from the invite I was receiving. This allowed me to jump to my calendar and create my own event before I ever accepted the invite. I loved this feature as it ensured I got the event entered at the proper date and time before I accepted the other invite. With OS10, I can accept the invite, but without the "View Calendar" option, I have to try to remember the date and time and patient name and other specifics while I jump to the calendar and then navigate to the event I just accepted, often times months ahead in the calendar.

When I touch the three dots from within an invite I get the following options: Accept, Tentative, Decline, Reply, Reply All, Forward, Mark Unread Delete Message. There is no View in Calendar. 

Does this option exist in a current or future software version that I don't have? Thanks for your help in this matter.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gkwait
My Carrier: AT&T

Funny you mention..I have this on my "Wish my BB10 did this" feature list.

The calendar invite comes in, and shows you the date/time, shows if it conflicts, or is adjecent to another meeting... but it does not give you the ability to view the invite in relation to other calendar entries... I've been calling this "Calendar Peak"... where I could peak at my calendar and where this new invite resides in releation to my other entries..

Please use plain text.