Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

wifi connection/cisco router

Possibly this question has been answered in this forum somewhere, though I am unable to locate it. I have a cisco router and my blackberry (z10) can locate the wireless signal (with full bars) but cannot gain access to the network after entering the password. Likely I have missed something, although surely technology has changed slightly since my computer programming course in 1989. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Re: wifi connection/cisco router

1.Check your Wifi Setting is it (WPA, WPA personal)

2. Check on your wifi DHCP  (may need to increase Ip address)

3. Check MAC address could be locked to certain computers)

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

In addition to the above suggestions, if you haven't done so already, reboot the router by unplugging it for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Sometimes that is sufficient to resolve some of these issues. If none of this helps, you may need to reset your router back to factory defaults.

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Carrier: Swisscom

Hi

Same here with Netgear WN802T. WPA2 schould work with th z10.

with all other device no problem.

Elite I
My Carrier: Telus

Just to confirm, I'm using my Z10 with WPA2 on a Cisco router.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!