Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
sanjaymaj
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

z10 OWA - HELP

i used to be able to link my 9900 with OWA account for work, anyone have any ideas i can do this with my Z10. The option doesnt seem to be there anymore.

Work wont allow my personal Z10 to connected to their BES..

Struggling...can anyone help?

New Contributor
mitchwong
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: z10 OWA - HELP

Does your company allow you to enable Active Sync through AD.

New Contributor
sanjaymaj

no, they dont

New Contributor
mitchwong
My Device: Blackberry Z10

[ Edited ]

this is what I found..

(new BlackBerry 10 phones won't support the BlackBerry Internet Service. Instead, the devices will pick up their email directly, like any other smartphone, rather than rely on the BIS network.)

if this is how you have been connecting, you should try to connect it directly through email setup and see if it connect.

New Contributor
sanjaymaj

thats not worked, however someone has told me that they have downloaded an OWA app to manage their emails on their IPAD, may just have to wait till some develops one for the Z10

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

For emails, the new BlackBerry 10 phones only support ActiveSync, POP and IMAP. No more OWA through BIS.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
308BB_Bold
My Device: Z10

Xandrex wrote:
For emails, the new BlackBerry 10 phones only support ActiveSync, POP and IMAP. No more OWA through BIS.

Wow...  This is a deal killer for me...  I need the OWA and the two way USB Sync.  If I can not get this or be assured it is coming, I will have to ditch my new Z10..  Really a bummer as this phone is so close to being perfect.....

Guru I
Xandrex

if your OWA provider allows you to use ActiveSync, you can use ActiveSync instead of OWA. This will give you synchronization for emails+Contacts+calendar so it is better than OWA through BIS.

as far as I know, for the OWA provider, activating the EAS is just one click on the server side.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
308BB_Bold
My Device: Z10

Xandrex wrote:
if your OWA provider allows you to use ActiveSync, you can use ActiveSync instead of OWA. This will give you synchronization for emails+Contacts+calendar so it is better than OWA through BIS.

as far as I know, for the OWA provider, activating the EAS is just one click on the server side.

Thanks.  I worked with the tech folks and was able to use ActiveSync.  However, I have been warned that my company may ditch ActiveSync in the future....   :smileysad:

Guru I
Xandrex

Hum interesting... in favor of what?