Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Highlights!

Visitor
mkazaure
My Device: Touch 9860
My Carrier: Sprint

BB Touch 9860 error Code

Just yesterday, I updated my BB messenger and suddenly after restarting the BB, it went blank. What has gone wrong? The screen is empty showing "JVM Error 517 Reset'

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
allaineem
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: BB Touch 9860 error Code

Hi

For this you need to reload the software of your device. You can do this by following the steps below.

1. Go to google on the field type in ( blackberry software update ( name of your carrier ) )

2. download the device software

3. install it on your computer.

4. once installed plug your device into the computer ( without the battery)

5. go to Computer / C driver / program files ( x86 ) / Common files / research in motion / app loader / LOADER

6. click on LOADER and follow the prompt.

7. it will take time to recognize your PIN or device. Just continue clicking NEXT until it push through.

8.after that it will prompt you in selecting your language then a page with " finish or close " will appear just click either of them for the process to proceed.

9. a loading bar will show up. When you receive an error message that says something like " cannot detect device "

that is the time for step 10.

10. put the battery back
 and click on "Retry"

11. it will take time but keep on retrying untill the process proceed.

12.once all the loading is done you may either receive " a fatal error occured or software update success"

dont worry about the fatal error it says that but your device should be booting up.

let me know if this help

Let me know if this help.
Please use plain text.