Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Highlights!

New Contributor
gkbaxter
My Device: old 88 something tri-band
My Carrier: Verizon

Uploading large number of contacts from proprietary Software

I want to uploaod 75,000 contacts into my new Blackberry Z10. The old device ran out of steam at about 30,000 so I want to transfer directly from my contact management system. I can export to xls or to outlook but I don't see what has replaced the blackberry desktop manager, which is what i used before to import contacts into my device.

The help screens and forums talk about adding a contact (ie one contact) or transferring from a SIM. I need to do something different. Where do I do?

What exactly does Blackberry Link do, it talks about music and photos. mostly

I can't use the device without this.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Uploading large number of contacts from proprietary Software

Blackberry Link will currently transfer ONE-WAY from outlook to the z10. I don't know if there is a contact maximum.

You can also use a third party app installed on your device named Contact X or another named InTouchAppContacts to import from an xls file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gkbaxter
My Device: old 88 something tri-band

Thanks a bundle. This is very helfpul.

I looked at both companies' websites.

VietHop with ContactX seems a little flaky. Their About us described RIM not themselves and their description of ContactX has grammatical errors and not a lot of detail but a few sweeping claims. I am reluctant to believe in a magic wand soluton from a developer of dubious origin  whose other products are more for entertainment than business.

Does RIM/BB have a process of approving developers and testing apps before putting up on BB World?

InTouch's seems more professional but their home page seems to imply that the product is not ready to ship in final release form yet.

Importing from an xls file should really be a native BB function in my view and would not have take RIM 2 days to program. I guess it was not sexy enough. But BB is all about enterprise and such, how do they expect to keep the faith of business users this way, I wonder

Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Well, BlackBerry is most definitely not all about enterprise. Hasn't been for several years.

The Contact X has gotten great reviews on other sites (CrackBerry). And it's a low cost to try it out. Purchase on a credit card and if it doesn't work out, or even work as described, reject or dispute the charge with your card provider.

gkbaxter wrote:

Does RIM/BB have a process of approving developers and testing apps before putting up on BB World?

Yep, much more any other platform like Android or iOS! But do they catch everything.. nope. Can't be expected to.

But as far as I know, but apps work fine as described.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.