Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

codeoclock
My Device: N/A

Any way to get a Dev Alpha at this stage, to qualify for the trade-up program?

Hi,

My colleague and I have just finished an app that we're hoping to put into the Blackberry store. Neither of us have an alpha device, but I'm wondering if there's any way to get one so we can take part in the trade up programme and trade it up to the red Z10.

In other words, how did you all get your Dev Alpha? Is it still possible?

Thanks,

Codeoclock

Regular Contributor
podupuis
My Device: -------

Re: Any way to get a Dev Alpha at this stage, to qualify for the trade-up program?

Dev alpha device is no longer availible for blackberry 10 trade up program.

Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: Any way to get a Dev Alpha at this stage, to qualify for the trade-up program?

[ Edited ]

You apps need to be in & or approve before  November 29, 2012 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 21, 2013.

The extended deadline is for resubmission that did not qulify the first time, resubmission date is  February 28th.

Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

It isn't possible anymore to get your hands on a Dev Alpha. At least on a Dev Alpha A or B. So there is no way to participate in the Trade-Up program anymore.

Dev Alphas were distributed during the BB 10 World Tour Jams mid 2012. And there were also some Dev Alphas distributed for being one of the first submitters of (enough) apps during the Port-A-Thons (end 2012 and beginning 2013).

To get your hands on a Dev Alpha C you had to fill in a form before 5 February if I recall correctly. Soon 1500 Dev Alphas C will be distributed to the developers with the most points. I don't know when they will distribute these, but for participating in the program you are also too late.

Maybe there will be some other programs you can participate in, but I don't think you will get your hands on a red Z10.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

I'm afraid you'll have to buy a consumer Z10.
-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!