Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
vissin
My Carrier: 99582324363
Accepted Solution

App Approval pending for over three weeks

Hi,

I had submitted an App for the limited edition device trade up program more than three weeks ago. The app has yet not been approved. As I understand, the limited edition program team will test the app only after it has been made available on the approval, which would take about 10 business days. This concerns me as I am not sure how much longer it will be before I hear anything. Since the number of devices is limited, my concern is aggravated. I would really like to get one of the devices :smileyhappy:

Did anyone have similar experiences? Does anyone know what's going on?

For the reference, my app ID is 21866966.

Thanks

V

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Carrier: ATT

Re: App Approval pending for over three weeks

They been busy with reviewing all the port a thon app.

and they recently were just in europe for BB JAM event.

patience

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Normally, there is time till 28 February before everything is closed. So you have still enough time to qualify. And since you are already waiting for 3 weeks, I guess it will not take a lot longer. I think that not a lot of people had to wait more than a month before they had feedback on their app aproval.

Blackberry knows when you submitted your app, and that you had to wait this long to be approved. So I would think that they will keep that in mind when the deadline comes.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa
My Carrier: blau.de

[ Edited ]

Approval times are quite long currently. I've submitted two of my apps: one on 17th and another on 21st of January. What's interesting is that the one submitted on 21st was approved today, just few hours ago. The secnod one is still pending. So it looks like the order of app approval isn't the same as submission order. Might also depend on app complexity: the approved one is much simplier than non-approved.

By the way, I didn't get an e-mail that my app was approved (also checked my SPAM folder) so I'd recommend checking your account from time to time. But it's possible that e-mail is still en route.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jetstreamblue
My Carrier: Telus

Oddly, BlackBerry just approved ALL of my apps that were backlogged (submitted at various times over the past month), all in one shot.  And I didn't get the usual e-mails notifying me of the approvals, just found out when I checked the portal.

VENTURCON
For BB10: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, PM Assist
For PlayBook: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, Business Analysis Toolbox
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee
My Carrier: Digi

Submitted mine on 19th Jan and got it approved on 13th Feb.

Nothing you can do other than wait. I know waiting is suffering but you got to go through it with patience

If you are free, you can check the Manage Product page everyday because they wont email you once your app is approved.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vissin

Thanks for the responses guys!

My App just got approved, I had been keeping an eye on the manage products page from time to time. But as leppa and jetstreamblue  correctly pointed out, I didnt get any confirmation emails this time. Only the status got updated on the vendor portal.

Eagerly waiting for the limited edition confirmation mail now! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748

Did you submit a trade up request for the Limited edition yet??
https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vissin

Yeah, did that alongside the app submission.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748

Yup, Thats good. even tho it says approve process 10 days for the LE trade up it might take longer again just be patience again, it took them 3 week to approve my LE Trade up.

Please use plain text.