Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Red 10
My Carrier: Mobifone
Accepted Solution

App is approved mean qualify Limited edition?

Dear all

I got my app submited and right after got App ID, I register for Limited Edition.

After days waiting, app was approved.

Due to the process on below link, does this mean my app is qualify for Limited Edition? 

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_limitededition_process.html

ps: I'm hungry for email from Dev Relation team!

Developer
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App is approved mean qualify Limited edition?

Seems like there's a good chance you qualify, but you'll really have to wait for the email to know for sure.
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

The APP has to meet all the LE Terms & Condition to be Approve for the Trade In.

Developer
My Device: Red 10
My Carrier: Mobifone

What I mean is, did they follow the LE term and condition to test the app before approving or they will approve the App after it's accepted in BB World?

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I am not a100% sure, but my guess would be that this are 2 different processes. So the only way to be sure you're approved for the LE trade-up you will have to wait for an email from RIM saying that you're accepted. But I guess that if you already have a Dev Alpha and your app was approved you have a very good chance in receiving a LE device.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: XL

no, they follow appworld t&c to test the app. and will approve/not for LE after accepted in appworld
New Contributor
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Hmn, what that is mean?

When i subbmit my app to vendor portal i can apply for limited dev?

Or i must wait for review my app and add it to appworld?

I upload my app yesterday, and I'm afraid that checking team might not make it check for the time :smileysad:

Can i apply for limited dev with ID from vendor portal? (When point mouse on the name of the application, ID appears)

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

You can indeed just use that ID and the name you chose. I don't know what will happen if it isn't approved yet, but I can guess there is no harm trying it. If I were you, I would indeed just use that information and apply for the LE Trade-up.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
New Contributor
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Thanks for your replay.
I think like you, but i'm afraid to do it, becouse there is only one attempt to send this form :/. I send a lot of emails, becouse limited dev rules are not clear. I wait a few days for any response. If i won't get any, i send this form using AppID form vendor portal. :/
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Q10
My Carrier: Beeline

I am also interested in this :smileyhappy: I participate in BB 10 Limited Edition trade-up program by submitting a form for two of my apps (they wasn't approved at that time yet), today they was approved by AppWorld QA Team (finally!), but there was no separate notification e-mail yet regarding trade-up. Is the qualification for trade-up a separate process and I should just wait a little more?