Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: BB10 Developer phone asking me for device password

So long as you submitted a qualifying app by February 28, you can apply to trade up your Dev Alpha for a real production phone here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/

They will have to look at your app to make sure it fulfills all the terms and conditions of the trade-up program. I suggest you complete this application as soon as possible in case you need to change anything in your app to qualify.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkellner
My Device: bb10 developer prototype from CES

I've been diligently following what has been necessary to get the phone upgraded (as promised at CES in Las Vegas) to a working phone.  I never got an email regarding the trade up yet I did get my app accepted into your store after putting in a huge amount of time.  I've never filled out the web site you reference so obviously did not do it before 2/28/2013.  Had I been notified to do that I certainly would have.

I'm trying to fill it out now and though I know my app name and appid (starsaver,22626875) I have no idea what my DevAlpha PIN is.  My dev alpha phone is asking for the same thing.  I do not remember ever being assigned a dev alpa pin.

I therefore can not submit the form you ask.  Please move this back to a tracked support call so I can follow up.  these forums are near useless as you can see by the delay in when I created this ticket and any response of value.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

The PIN is a hardware identifier for your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha.  You can see it by opening the Settings application and choosing About, then Hardware.

Or if you have a BlackBerry Dev Alpha B, remove the back, take out the battery and you should see a sticker with the PIN on it.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkellner
My Device: bb10 developer prototype from CES

OK, since the phone will not start anymore, I will take the battery out and look there.  I'm travelling this week so will not be able to do it until this weekend.

Thanks for helping here.  I'm hoping we can work this out now quickly.  I have other apps I want to port to the blackberry store and have high hopes for bb service.

Please use plain text.
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

No problem.  Glad to help out.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790

If you still have the box that the Dev Alpha came in, you should also find the PIN written on the side of the box with the barcodes.
Please use plain text.