Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
beemaster
My Device: Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: Ukraine GSM

Re: BB10 updates for SE devices -

It has been a while, but we still have no update on this.

gbeukeboom, do you have any news?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

beemaster wrote:

It has been a while, but we still have no update on this.

gbeukeboom, do you have any news?

Nope, nothing yet. As soon as I know I will post here.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Uhmmm... bump?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Contributor
liuksmith
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: TIM - Italy

Hi all

I've been contacted from Blackberry (developer relations) to swap my  device with a new device compatible with my country providers (italy)

regards and thank you to blackberry

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa
My Carrier: blau.de

[ Edited ]

liuksmith wrote:

Hi all

I've been contacted from Blackberry (developer relations) to swap my  device with a new device compatible with my country providers (italy)

Unfortunately, this won't work for everybody. I have an STL100-2 in Germany - the one that local operators sell, but I don't get any updates because my operator (blau.de) doesn't offer BlackBerry 10 devices.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

@leppa

Backup your device with Blackberry Link, and update your device with leaked OS (search on forums, you will find version and download url).After update, restore your device via BB link. It's not elegant, I agree but it is workaround which works.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa
My Carrier: blau.de

mzex wrote:

@leppa

Backup your device with Blackberry Link, and update your device with leaked OS (search on forums, you will find version and download url).After update, restore your device via BB link. It's not elegant, I agree but it is workaround which works.

That's what I did three times already. But it's a bit annoying. Especially, taking into account that every time before backing up I need to remove my work ActiveSync account, else after restore from backup it manages to lock out my corporate user account and I need to go to tech support to unlock it.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
Developer
apman
My Device: Not Specified

With 10.1 announced it would really be nice if BlackBerry could finally find a way to update us!

Just out of curiousity: why is it actually so difficult? It didn't seem a problem for the Dev Alphas, so what's different now with the LE's?

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
brechtryckaert
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Proximus

The difference might be money. Carriers want control over the release of the new updates on their network. Technically, BlackBerry is able to do network-independent updates (as far as I understand it) but I do think they simply do not wish to disturb their relations with the carriers over this. The delay might very well be related to negotiations going on. 

Of course I'm no BlackBerry official and this is only speculation based on my understanding of underlying systems.

If you like my reply, please like.
Check out my personal blog at http://brechtryckaert.be
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nMarriott
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

That makes sense to me. The fact remains though we were given the LE devices as developers. So we ought to get access to updates from BlackBerry directly. Preferably a release candidate a week or two before the public get the final product. Not have to wait on carriers. Especially if you was given the wrong Z10 revision in the first place like UK developers have been.
Please use plain text.