Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

Re: BB10 updates for SE devices -

A fellow dev at Madrid Jam Camp hinted that they tried whitelisting his device (apparently there already is such a function) but it did not work.
Let's hope they are working on a solution. They have to solve all their problems otherwise they will keep behind (after Windows Phone, which sounds horrible to me :smileywink:).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer
My Device: Z30

@tezytan Yea - only some carriers - on some OS builds - and for some users.... I guess that's one reason a fix has not yet been released.

I don't want to put all blame on BlackBerry, since many of the carriers use old and weird SIM cards, they have "creative" systems in place to handle billing/APN/access for customers etc.. sometimes it work, sometimes it don't - and BlackBerry need to implement tunings and exceptions for all these things.

Can also understand why they would like to hold back in this case - for regular users.. already you can read the nooise on the different forums from users who "Lost" all their SMSes... (I still wonder why they would save important SMSes on a SIM... instead of having them forwarded to email..)  

but we still get back to the Developer issue - where we should have some solution for devs to have their PINs whitelisted and option to select ANY released OS to be installed. That way it would also be easier to go back and forth between builds and test apps for all markets.

Developer

@alopix There is a whitelist function already - That is how OS is delivered to the carriers test devices (at least some of them)

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

I don't mind loading the OS via the desktop, I don't mind wiping the phone. But I don't want to rely on clumsy leaks or carrier timing.

Developers need to be able to switch OS versions at will. To test our apps, to support users, to experiment with new API's. We need an archive of all OS versions up to and including the very latest that we can install on our devices. We can't be limited to whatever our carrier offers (if they offer anything at all).

My LE is still on 10.0 while our users are running all kinds of 10.1's and 10.2's.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

@lindstrom don't know why BB doesn't add devs to that list too.

@Innovatology what you talk about is something that's ok for a DevAlpha device but not for an LE – except if the LE belongs to a company. I don't want to wipe my device in order to update it. It's my private phone and for dev I have others…
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

I know about the whitelisting because it is done, for some developers.

But they can only do for a handful and needs to be closely monitored... That's one key issue on their side I have heard...
Developer

tezytan remember - this is how we did it to get early access to OS updates on the Playbook.... 

Developer

Then it's weird that it didn't work for another dev.

And I remember whitelisting my PlayBook – would be nice to do that for the BB 10 updates also :smileyhappy:
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

gbeukeboom wrote:

We are currently investigating what options can be made available to the Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 devices. I will post back when more information can be shared.

That post from Garett was in March .... maybe when no more information can be shared in over 4 months, a little courtesy post would help,  to let us know at least if this issue is still on the agenda for BlackBerry.

I see from your signature, Garett, that you're on vacation till 12th Aug ... so I hope you have a great time & when you're back post a sign of life and maybe comment on the various speculations going on in this thread!

Anna

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.