Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
lindstrom
My Device: Z30

BB10 updates for SE devices -

Currently the OTA OS updates seems to be dependent on the carriers/SIM - and they only allow updates for the devices they sell.

- most SE devices (AFAIK) is STL100-3, and is now distributed to developers all over the planet (and perhaps even further)

In my region - the networks will only have STL100-1, and won't officially support BB10 until the end of April/beginning May...

What about updates for our devices?

To get the SE - we had to give away the DevALpha's - and have now NO devices to test apps built with the latest NDK/SDK's.

Yes I know there is a Autoloader of 10.0.10.648 floating around - but not officially - and - that build is also older than the OS released by carriers.

Please BlackBerry - find a solution for us to update our SE devices OUTSIDE control of the local carriers,.. and we also need a way to be able to use different OS builds - not only the latest available... 

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BB10 updates for SE devices -

We are currently investigating what options can be made available to the Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 devices. I will post back when more information can be shared.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
apman
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks Garett!  I really hope you can sort something out!

Anna

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Developer
lindstrom

Thanx Garett!

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Interesting. If I put Mobitel SIM inside LE, it offers me 10.0.10.82 update. Without SIM, it doesn't do that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
lindstrom

I have tried without SIM using Proxy servers around US, CA and UK - but never ever gotten any updates. So it seems that the only way to update, is to get a SIM from another country and from a carrier supporting the specific device you have.

But that does not solve the other issue we face as developers, where we need to test apps with different OS versions - since carriers choose to update randomly.... 

Hope BlackBerry soon finds a way to give some love to our SE devices at least, - but I can also see how we would nee up/downgrade options also for regular devices. So perhaps a solution based on BBID could be the answer....

Developer
blackqtcoder
My Device: PlayBook & STL100-1 LE Z10 & Dev Alpha C

We'll wait your answer. We devs need a solid channel for updates. Thanks Garett.!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leandro Cerdan - Duantox Apps
BlackBerry Elite dev
TapyHold, Built for Blackberry multimedia scrapbook
Developer
lindstrom

Any news?

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Sorry, nothing yet. Folks are working internally to hash out the details.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Separate server with device check (something like beta fw registration for PB) will be nice. Also, access to pre-release fw will be a plus.