Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
JustparaDOX
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

BB10LE Trade Up From Dev Alpha B Correspondence & Dev Alpha C Questions

I have 4 apps in the BlackBerry World OS 10 Market, 3 are approved and 1 pending. All were made between Jan 8th and 20th. I was a speaker at the New Media Expo, and I have apps in the Android market with pretty active communities. I receieved a Dev Alpha B device at the NMX right befor CES. I did a product review video that's has received thousands of hits on youtube. I have been a faithful BB user for years. I want to know if I can be approved for the LE upgrade, I submitted an entry for all 4 apps. Is there a way to see if I can be approved. I haven't received any emails and I have checked my junk mail. I have also submitted to test the Dev Alpha C. My apps are under JAGD Edge Media. Is there a way to find out if I can be approved for an LE upgrade. I want to continue to promote the new BB OS 10 release. I get a lot of traffic on product reviews, technology and smartphones. Please advise because I am curious and haven't heard back. I was advised by the DAB support team to post a message in the forum can someone please help me with my requests. Thank you very much.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

Re: BB10LE Trade Up From Dev Alpha B Correspondence & Dev Alpha C Questions

[ Edited ]

If you have 3 apps(for BB10) approved you can be approved.

Just fill out the form here ...

https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/

It might take some time for them to get back to you because there is a line up. Took my'n something like 3-4 weeks.

Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

As for the Dev Alpha C. They won't even start evaluating the requests until February 6th. At which point I assume they will distribute the 1500 based on the point system which they posted.

Not sure they would give special consideration to you for promoting them. I assume you would have to contact the PR department. But I assume that with a name like 'Dev' Alpha these are intended for Developers and that considerations based on your ability to raise publicity wouldn't be considered.
JustparaDOX
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Ok cool. Thank you. I've done that for each just waiting to hear back. A little impatient since the OS release the 30th but I guess I need to wait. Thank you.
Please use plain text.