If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

BBJam Europe - DevAlpha C

During BBJam Europe it was said that anyone attending that re-submited a version of their app optomized for the C(within 2 weeks of the confrence) would recieve a Dev Alpha C. 

Anyone get more details on this or verification via email, website, ect?

bdaemon
My Device: dev alpha playbook 9500 8300
My Carrier: uc

Re: BBJam Europe - DevAlpha C

how to apply ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

You cannot apply: it was an offer for the BlackBerry Jam Europe attendants who tested their app on the Dev Alpha C devices and left their information.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bdaemon
My Device: dev alpha playbook 9500 8300
My Carrier: uc

I joined the Europe Jam event  three days before, but don't notice this thread.

Hundreds of DevAlpha C on the floor.

Q10.jpg

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

Yeah I saw the same collection of Dev Alpha C's. For those who weren't there, they were for some sessions of BB Jam where you could use a Dev Alpha C to test your application (or whatever you were making in that session).

I don't know if it will be these devices that we will receive. But the OS that was on these device was not really the same as on the other Dev Alphas A/B because the Hub was disabled somehow. There were also some other differences, but I didn't test them fully during these sessions.

And indeed you had to write your name in a document if you wanted to receive a Dev Alpha C. But I haven't found any official documentation about this. If somebody has found this, I would really like to know.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

I played around with the C but didn't notice any document.

I had assumed they would have us submit a C optimized app for approval to get one and match up the vendor email to see if we were at BBJam EU. -- Based on the fact that Alec mentioned we had 2 weeks to get a C-optimized app into App World.

Seriously disappointed that I didn't get my name on the documentation after travelling the 6000km to get there.
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

There was a notepad open on the DevAlphaC stations where you could enter your name and vendor email. I've been told that emails will be sent this week to those who subscribed.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

So amateur :smileysad: Everything was done w/o any written rules.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

They did mention it during the keynote speech though, a moment I think 90% of the developers was paying attention.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Not true. We were group of 12 there and nobody could tell me what was exactly said on the keynote. And keep in mind that they could use BB Jam EU app to notify us officially. I also been at the stand and I couldn't figure it out that there was a notepad where I could put my info. And apps from App World were not be able to download onto C. Additionally even unsigned BARs didn't work, too. And USB stick was the only possible mean of BAR transport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.