Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: BBJam Europe - DevAlpha C

I was there on the first day to test an app and no notepad at all. I went on the second day with a stick preloaded with few of my paid apps and then I noticed the notepad (and asked a BlackBerry team member about the details).

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I had uploaded all my BARs to a USB stick after I had the notice via mail that we could use these on the conference. And when I went to the Dev Alpha C Testing area I could just plug in in my USB stick and upload my BARs on the Dev Alpha C. After uploading you could play around with your application on the Dev Alpha C. On the computer (which you used to upload the BAR with) next to the Dev Alpha C there was a notepad open where you could provide your name and vendor mail.

I also miss some written notice, just for the sake as when is the deadline? They said 2 weeks, but is that 2 weeks starting from the first day (where they announced in the general session in the morning), or does these 2 weeks start on the last day of the BB Jam. It would be nice to know how much time we have.

If you didn't had the chance to fill in your name and mail, I guess you can contact some people from BlackBerry to ask how you can still apply for it. Explaining your issue, they will probably understand. They'll probably know if you went to BB Jam or not, looking at the amount of mails I got when attending the sessions :-)

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Tjitte
My Device: Dev Alpha C and PlayBook

What I understood from the keynote was that the BB Jam attendees would have extra time (2 weeks) to optimize their app if they showed their interest to the Dev Alpha C / Q10. You had to bring your BAR file to the event and test it at the Dev Alpha C testing booth. At the booth there was a laptop with a Dev Alpha C connected to it. Two programs were showing on the laptop: the BlackBerry Graphical Aid to deploy your signed bar to the device and a Notepad window where you could enter your name and email. The Notepad window also stated that you must submit your app before 22 February to apply for the Dev Alpha C.

I could not find any official documentation about this offer and also the people at the booth didn't know exactly what the rules were. They said only one app needs to be submitted before 22 February.

My PlayBook app:
DrawBook
Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

I think they should allow anyone who went to submit a C optomized app by February 22 to qualify. There was no 'notepad' mentioned in the keynote otherwise I would have put my name on it.
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

And you didn't think of asking the guy at the booth? I appreciate the gesture RIM is doing for the Jam attendants. However if everything has to be that precise or people start complaining I expect even fewer device giveaways at future Jam events.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter

I agree with zezke on this. You could have asked one of the many people running around from BlackBerry for some more information about this. At every Dev Alpha C booth - where you had to go anyway because that was mentioned in the General Session - there were at least 2 people who could give you some more information. A little effort from your side to start a conversation with them was all you needed to do..

You could have asked for more information. I also asked for some information because I didn't know if it was enough to just fill in my details in that file (which it was btw).

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter

They just announced on their blog that we will receive more information on the BB Jam Europe Dev Alpha C's in the next week.

Source: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/device-shipping-update/?CPID=E10C020

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Has anyone received anything? I mean, the week is over and there are no mails, at least I didn't get one.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

I test my apps first day on DevAlpha C and there was no notepad. I asked BB guy at the booth, how I will leave my data  and he didn't know. So, he take picture of my BBJam pass with his phone, and said he will make sure to submit my data.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter

[ Edited ]

I tested my apps on both days, and on the computers I was working there was twice a notepad open.

But anyway, I just received a mail with some more information. The exact deadline and all you need to know.
You can find the T&C on following link: http://developer.blackberry.com/offers/devalphac/

In the T&C they only say that you had to be on the Jam Europe 2013. So I guess that all people who haven't filled in their information will still be able to qualify if they submit an app.

So let's stop arguing, and start coding !

Please use plain text.