Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

Re: BBJam Europe - DevAlpha C

I also got an email saying I'm getting a Crystal DevAlpha. Not sure why I thought these were given out to those who answered trivia questions during the final port-a-thon. http://rapidberry.net/rim-gives-out-crystal-blackberry-10-dev-alpha-at-port-a-thon/
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

@bensmithbortey - no but others have

@Philipk - Well founded supposition that there'll be some trade-up path - as to a port-a-thon, it just seems likely to encourage a square apps market before release

The Ts&Cs for the DA-C have a load of NDA and return stuff device in them

The company I contracted for until November got a Jam Q10 upgrade offer but nobody there would write an App so I ended up doing them a (decent) quickie I'd been saving for a port-a-thon so they could qualify

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk

I have to say a Q10 Port-a-Thon and LE Q10 would be awesome.
peardox

Here's crossing things

I've got about 600 apps available with an automated build process in place :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk

LOL! Can't tell if your serious or not, but if so bravo!
peardox

Quite serious - not saying what this one is but that's how I did a load of lite versions of Vexed (got 48 of those plus proper version)

The only things that change are config.xml and a data file if you've got sufficiently similar products and enough of them to bother writing a PHP script that creates then compiles and signs all the ZIP files - it ain't hard

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk

I have a script I wrote for terminal that I use to to build and deploy my apps to devalpha.

After your suggestion I'm considering making it compile all apps at once deploy to Q10 and then go through to see which don't work. I have ~70 and I think 80%-90% need no changes at all.
Philipk

On another note a built for BlackBerry Q10 addition that encourages devs to integrate keyboard would be a neat program and a welcome challenge.
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Philipk wrote:
On another note a built for BlackBerry Q10 addition that encourages devs to integrate keyboard would be a neat program and a welcome challenge.

They won't be needing that, as it's already covered.

For those who weren't paying attention, please see section 6 of the Built For BlackBerry Terms and Conditions.

UPGRADES: Apps must be upgraded to be compatible with any new BlackBerry devices and operating systems (together, the “New Systems”) that become available. New Systems will be announced on the Website. If New Systems become available, VENDORs will be required to upgrade their App to comply with the New Systems (“Upgrades”). Upgrades must be submitted for Evaluation within ninety (90) days of the launch of the New System. If an Upgrade does not receive BFB Approval after its first submission, VENDOR will be permitted to fix it and re-submit that Upgrade up to two (2) more times. All Upgrades must have received BFB Approval within 120 days of the launch of the New System or the BFB Designation will be revoked. Allow up to ten (10) days for Upgrade approval. If VENDORs do not upgrade the Apps to the New Systems in a manner which is satisfactory to RIM, Designation will be revoked.

In other words, you're already encouraged to support the Q10 because, if you don't, you may well lose your app's Built For BlackBerry certification... (I don't doubt some exceptions apply, and there will be many threads asking about specific cases, etc).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bensmithbortey
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: EE

Got my email just now :smileyhappy: yay
Please use plain text.