Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
sujaym17
My Device: Simulator
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 10 Dev alpha C program

I registered for BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C program here - https://developer.blackberry.com/devalphac/ on february 3, 2013. Can i know tentatively when I'll recieve the device so that i can register for BlackBerry 10 Limited edition trade-up ? Will i recieve a device if i have 400 points ?

Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha

Re: Blackberry 10 Dev alpha C program

I guess the Limited Edition Trade Up is only if you have Dev Alpha A/B, it is not for Dev Alpha C. Dev Alpha A/B are touch devices where as Dev C is QWERTY with touch.

Even if you get Dev Aplha C, you won't be able to trade it up for BB10 Limited Edition :-(

New Contributor
bhoomit
My Device: NA

When are we going to get confirmation??

Regular Contributor
podupuis
My Device: -------

If you receive a dev alpha C device you will be able to get also the Blackberry 10 limited edtion. The blackberry dev alpha C is just another tools for blackberry developer to develop for qwert keyboard.

Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha

There is no clear indication as if Dev Aplha C would qualify. The details mention about having any Dev Aplha device. But even if you qualify to get Dev Alpha C, it won't be destributed to you till March. But the deadline for filling the form is Feb 28 and in the form, you need to enter the PIN of device.

Developer
urbanglowcam
My Device: Bold 9930

I always imagined it might be used to trade-up for a Q10 LE? Just a guess.

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Deadline was 5th Feb.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

I would rather see Q10. Otherwise I would not return it. I need 720x720 device for further app development.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
New Contributor
mrj05hua
My Device: developer

How do we even get a dev alpha device. I am doing everything I can to earn that red z10 but I can only trade it in with a dev alpha device. I dont know  how to get the dev aplha, or sign up to get one.

Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

These devices are handed out at dev events held around the world, you have to attend these events in person to receive one.You don't just trade in these Dev Devices for a LE device, you will need to Develope app first and have it approve before able to be accepted into the trade in process.