Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
zeshansajid
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha

Blackberry 10 Limited Edition Trade Up?

I am a developer who has a dev alpha. So basically I submited my app late Novemeber and it got approved :smileyhappy: Then I applied for the limited edition trade up around 1st December. I didnt receive any confirmation so I tried resubmitting the same app with same details on 18th december and got the following message:

A limited edition device has already been allocated for the device with PIN: ********

But I checked today and it says: A submission for the Limited Edition Trade-up program has already occurred for pin ********. For further inquiries on this issue, please contact us at jamzonesupport@rim.com.

What does this mean. Can someone elaborate?

Thanks

Zeshan

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
goku_vegeta
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Bold 9900, BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet

Re: Blackberry 10 Limited Edition Trade Up?

Seems like this is happening to everyone. Not sure what it means.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
zeshansajid

Phewww thanks. I thought I was the only one? But does the previous message: "A limited edition device has already been allocated for the device with PIN: ********"

Proves qualification?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
goku_vegeta
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Bold 9900, BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet

I've been told by 3 sources it does. So I'm not sure what it actually means because only 1 source was an Internal RIM source.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
zeshansajid

Thanks for the help. I think its just a waiting game from now on

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
goku_vegeta

Yeah, kind of an edgy one because I know RIM has 12 000 BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition Devices. They've seeded out at least 7500 but not sure how many they have seeded out in Total.

It's one of those things that if you get confirmation from RIM officially it's a relief that you don't have to worry about it too much and you can go on and develop more applications etc.

*All the numerical statistics are form the Software Agreement on the BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition Trade-up offer page.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jerryeight
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B / BlackBerry PlayBook

I would really appreciate it if an official rep from rim developer relations team could write a short message about the process to alleviate our confusion and to save their email response staff from having to respond to the thousands of emails they are getting about the program.
Thanks
Jerry Li
BB Rocks !
Please use plain text.
Developer
tezytan
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810

This is a good question, i almost forgot to register. Once my second attempt i got this too
Please use plain text.
Developer
vingilot
My Device: 9900

if it helps, I emailed them and got this response: 

You can only submit 1 application per 1 Dev Alpha PIN. If you have already submitted an application against your Dev Alpha PIN then you will not be able to do so again unless your application fails to meet the qualification at which time you will be notified and you will be able to re-submit.  These communications will begin within the next week.

that was from about 5 days ago, so look forward to notifications.

Please use plain text.