Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
amanali
My Carrier: Du

Blackberry Last Chance A-Portathon

Did anyone notice, that before in the terms and conditions of the portathon, they had mentioned that there will be a draw to win one of 250 Limited Edition Phones but later on they changed it to 250 Dev Alpha Devices. I know both are equally good phones for developers but have any of you won them ? Do you think they have notified the winners ? 

Special Thanks To Blackberry for being so awesome to developers by rewarding us with such amazing gifts. They have the best eco system ever.

Kind Regards,
Aman Ali
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman

Re: Blackberry Last Chance A-Portathon

Could you please point me to the URL? I can't find terms and conditions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Carrier: Vip

First it was Z10 Limited Edition, but after a while they changed it to Dev Alpha.
Please use plain text.
Developer
DueNorth
My Carrier: Rogers

Yup, I noticed it too (changed from LE to Dev Alpha).

I don't mind a Dev Alpha (since I will be returning mine for a LE), however it would be totally useless if bricked in June. I guess they are still deciding what to do with that.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Carrier: ATT

This is what i found:

The more you port and build the greater your rewards*:
  • Get one or more apps approved - $100 USD per eligible app - to a maximum of 20 paid applications
  • Additionally, submit five (5) or more apps and be entered into a random draw for one (1) of two hundred and fifty (250) Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha devices. You'll receive one (1) entry for each approved app

This is the final Port-A-Thon before BlackBerry 10 launches on January 30, 2013. Hope you can join us.

* A total of $500,000 USD is available for distribution. To qualify for a Reward, you must register on the website at  http://developer.blackberry.com/offers/lastchanceportathon and submit your App into the BlackBerry World Vendor Portal between 12:00:01 pm on January 18, 2013 and 11:59:59pm ET on January 19, 2013. Any apps submitted outside this time frame are not eligible for this Reward program. Only those apps that have been approved through BlackBerry World and RIM will be considered towards a Reward. No purchase necessary to be eligible for the draw.  The odds of winning the draw depend on the number of eligible Vendors entered.  Skill-testing question applies to Canadian residents.  Limit one (1) Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 Device per person. Cash rewards limited to 20 per Vendor regardless of reward category.  See the Official Terms and Conditions for complete details.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrew4Life
My Carrier: Rogers

I thought it was the other way around? 

I remember it saying that there would be 250 Dev Alpha devices, but then they said due to the timeline instead of giving out dev alphas, they'll just give out LE devices.

(Don't quote me on this though. But thats what I remember from the portathon chat)

Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil
My Carrier: -

What is the date when the draw is happening?

Or has anyone got any updates the draw?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
soham_mehta
My Carrier: VODAFONE

hi,

i got mail for submit bank detail for last change port a thon . any one know how long time take for payment ?

Thank You

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Carrier: ATT

Cash Rewards are distributed by our program partner Milestone. You will receive an email to confirm payment information from rimredemption@milestoneintegrated.com . If you live in a country serviced by PayPal, you will need to confirm your PayPal Account. If you live in a country not serviced by PayPal, you will need to provide wire payment details. After this information is provided you will receive your payment in 4-6 weeks. We are working hard to have the money transferred as quickly as possible.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
diegon
My Carrier: Claro

Hi, they have posted some updates. The draw will be held on April 9.

More at http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/march-portathon-update/

[]s

~~~ If you like my reply, please like. :smileyhappy: ~~~
Please use plain text.