Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C

Dev Alpha B - pass it on to someone who needs it program

OK - I call it a program - it's just a stupid idea I have

Assuming I end up with multiple Dev Alpha Bs - what am I gonna do with them?

I've already got someone in desparate need of a device

Any I get that are spare go to the people who need them most

I have no need of a DA-B. It'll end up stuck on top of a closet gathering dust

My suggestion is that if you have a spare, do as I am doing. Find someone who needs it and will use it properly and only accept postage charges as payment

You make superb friends this way

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Developer
mishi
My Device: Dev Alpha

Re: Dev Alpha B - pass it on to someone who needs it program

Great idea @peardox but does BlackBerry allow this legally? All Dev Alphas have a license agreement and I have a feeling that there is a exposure that only you can use it.

Developer
peardox

I liked my idea as well :smileyhappy:

Officially it is one Dev Alpha per company - I had issues getting my A owing to that one as I was attending under the umbrella of a company I occasionally work for.

Having said that a company often uses outside contractors for stuff like BB.

This resulted in me managing to get one of my close dev friends a Z10 LE (on order) from another developer I did a fave for

This means it is definitely possible

If you look in the back of a Z10 LE closely we're not allowed to sell them - it's a smaller version of the Dev Alpha notice plastered on the back (I'd never sell mine anyway)

I have a Dev Alpha C and a Z10 LE so passing them to other devs seems the right thing to do

Naturally I'll try the upgrade on #1 so my GF gets a superb device - anything else - let someone who needs it have the use

I'll do the official response line in a mo + get back to this thread

Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Probably you can pass it to a fellow developer. I don't have nothing to play with until that promised LE arrives :smileysad:
Developer
peardox

Had mine about six weeks - the DA-C is nice kit as well, I use both daily (z10 being main)

Anyway - time to gift a B as my friend in need is now sorted (he gets a PB I have spare instead)

New Contributor
hirokomo
My Device: 9900

[ Edited ]

:Clap:..LOOKS NICE!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
Mel17
My Device: 9900

If you are not going to use the dev alpha then you are welcome to give it to someone else to use as long as you are not selling the device as this would go against the Dev Alpha agreement.

Contributor
sudipta
My Device: Dont own a BB

[ Edited ]

I need a Dev Alpha A/B badly for testing my portrait apps. I started developing for BlackBerry in the month of Jan, 2013 so, I could not get any Dev Alpha devices from any Jam events or Port-A-Thons.

If anyone has an extra dev Alpha A/B device and wants to pass it on then pls PM me..
I am from India and I am ready to pay you for the device and the shipment charges.

Thanks in advance.

New Developer
blackwind
My Device: PlayBook

I, too, would benefit greatly from a DA-B, as the simulator doesn't play nice with WebWorks (to the point where I can't test at all without commenting out sizable portions of code, no less). I can't say I'm expecting this thread to go anywhere now that peardox's device is spoken for, but if anyone's feeling generous, you have my advance gratitude!

/bw
Contributor
tdisplay
My Device: NN

@sudipta

Hey bro, please be more honest.

From you statement, I conclude you not have a devalpha. But why you PM me to ask about shipping label. If you have a shipping label, i think you should have a devalpha to trade with LE.

Your PM (or see attachment) :
Even my shipping label also contacins a big SAMPLE watermark. Did your problem get solved ?? What did you do to solve this issue ??

Waiting for your reply ..

pm