Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Dont own a BB

Re: Dev Alpha B - pass it on to someone who needs it program

This is a right question Sir :smileyhappy:

Currently I am a student working as intern for a company developing BlackBerry apps. For testing apps, my company had to buy a real BB device. Then we came across a listing of Dev Alpha A device on ebay and we bought it at 19,500 INR (A retail Z10 costs 38,000 INR in INDIA). Now this phone belongs to company and company is no way interested for Trade Up Program as we have to be deviceless during the Trade Up program. Still I applied for the trade up program and got accepted then got the shipping labels.

Now as a BlackBerry developer I want my own Dev Alpha device which I can keep with me everytime to use as a usual phone + testing apps. The internship period is only for 45 days. So If I am arranging another dev alpha for me then I can send that company's dev alpha for trade up and keep testing company's apps on my dev alpha during that period. 

Afterward when LE will arrive, I will keep that LE giving my dev alpha to the company. Anyways company is not gonna give one dev alpha that it owns. So at the end of the story I will have a LE for usual use + testing apps.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Contributor
My Device: Dont own a BB

Re: Dev Alpha B - pass it on to someone who needs it program

[ Edited ]

Adding to it... I have also won a Dev Alpha C device :smileyhappy: I will be getting it soon. 

Still I wanted a device to test my Portrait apps. For that I need a dev alpha A/B device. 

If anyone is having a spare dev alpha and he does not need it then I am ready to pay for it (from the stipend I will be getting from the internship :smileytongue: ). 

Buying a Z10 will be a costlier choice for a student like me. I will be happy if I can get a Dev Alpha Device in price somewhat half that of the price of Z10. 

Secondly it will be really appreciable if someone can tell me if there is still a way to win or get a dev alpha A/B device from BlackBerry. This will save my hard earned money during this internship period :smileyhappy: