Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
mikefromcanada
My Device: 9900

Re: Dev Alpha C - expiration stomped carrier OS

I ran into this problem months ago (before any Q10 autoloaders were available) and could not get the device to start up at all, regardless of what OS I tried to load onto it. Always got the message you're describing. Ended up having to swap the device with Blackberry. I suspect that the Dev C's were eventually supposed to expire, and once the code is triggered, perhaps there is something stored permanently stating that the device is expired. Maybe the newer OS's (10.2) ignore this when loading. I'm honestly not sure though. Have you tried loading the absolute latest 10.1 OS?

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

mikefromcanada wrote:

Have you tried loading the absolute latest 10.1 OS?

As best I can tell, yes.  I autoloaded Autoload-DevAlphaC-10.1.0.1485.exe and it did what I described.

Thanks for the information and that's not encouraging for this particular unit, since as I said I'm locked out from

loading any flavor of 10.1.  One other detail from my fuzzy memory.  I think that just prior to getting the "Dev Alpha program has expired", I had left the device on long enough to run the battery down to zero.  That's the only thing different I can think of that changed in recent months with how I've used the device.

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Followup:  I just re-did the autoload of 10.1.0.1485 and got the same result ("Dev Alpha program expired" message).

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

http://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalpha/

Support

In the event you run into device hardware issues with the alpha device you received (ie won't power on) please contact us at btsdevalpha@blackberry.com and provide the following information:

• Your name
  • The OS version (On the device, tap the Settings icon > About > General > OS Version)
  • An overview of the issue you experienced
  • Steps used to reproduce the issue
  • Reproducibility of the issue (constant, frequent, seldom, just once)

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code